knee brace? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: knee brace?

Re: knee brace?

just tell them you're NOT racing, it's more of a recreational sport (that involves you flying down the straights and up the ramps :P)

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    hmm... says covered by some workplaces eh?? I'm curious if work would cover these for me since knees get worn out early for us... However, they would probably just inform me I'm not supposed to be racing lol.

Banned

come talk to us. Brian can explain the coverage. I don't know myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    This weekend (@ the Motorcycle Show), I'm going to be at the Orthoflex Technologies booth along with Brian Koster, the CMRC Broadcast commentator/Owner of Orthoflex. Feel free to stop by if you have any questions re: bracing, whether you're looking at it for injury prevention, or post-injury. We have a variety of braces for you to look at and touch. They are gneerally covered under most insurance plans, and we'll help you jump through all the hoops. Brian has more than 10 years experience in the field.

--
    eric
    http://www.orthoflex-ca.com/
    it might be an awesome product, but the website looks like it's made by a high school student makes me not want take the company seriously, sorry.

Banned

i fully agree. the site sucks.

go to donjoy.com or ossur.com for bracing options. pm me for more info.

Thumbs up Re: knee brace?

Quote Originally Posted by clamca View Post
    I wear these for protection and a little help against twisting without being a full knee brace. It is also alot cheaper price wise.

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/g...RCEKNEEPRO.jpg
    I second this...

I tore my MCL and ACL (boy did that hurt) in an MX race back in '02 and so I bought a pair of the Thors to help out afterwards, mainly because of my financial situation (or lack thereof). They definitely help prevent tweaking and there is no worry about femurs breaking. They are still going strong since 2003 and I have yet to hurt my knee again...

<knocks on wood>

It took a bit to get use to not feeling the tank between your legs as much, but now I can't ride without them without feeling "naked".
    Last edited by Modeboy; 09-21-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    MODE ON

Quote Originally Posted by Modeboy View Post
    I second this...

I tore my MCL and ACL (boy did that hurt) in an MX race back in '02 and so I bought a pair of the Thors to help out afterwards, mainly because of my financial situation (or lack thereof). They definitely help prevent tweaking and there is no worry about femurs breaking. They are still going strong since 2003 and I have yet to hurt my knee again...

<knocks on wood>

It took a bit to get use to to feeling the tank between your legs as much, but now I can't ride without them without feeling "naked".
    Either you have been lucky or your knee is not that bad, because there is nothing stopping your knee from twisting or hyperextension.But they are better than most knee guards.

i've been looking to get the asterisk for awhile now too. called parker bros and it's 799 + tax. looked ebay and it's 600 US free shipping. with duty it's under 700 CAD. why do canadians get gouged on prices?

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6GoldenRetriever View Post
    i've been looking to get the asterisk for awhile now too. called parker bros and it's 799 + tax. looked ebay and it's 600 US free shipping. with duty it's under 700 CAD. why do canadians get gouged on prices?
    Get your sizing from asterisk site and keep an eye on ebay.I got a pair for less than $300 can. slightly used.

Quote Originally Posted by clamca View Post
    I wear these for protection and a little help against twisting without being a full knee brace. It is also alot cheaper price wise.

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/g...RCEKNEEPRO.jpg
    that's what I wear too
    cbr125 '08-season 3

My mother broke her femur years ago, spiral fracture too boot. She was in traction for 8 weeks, that means in bed, on your back, with a pin through your leg and a bunch of pullies and weights hanging off of them. No rolling over, no getting out of bed, and that was for the full 8 weeks. Not sure how it is dealt with now (this was 20 years ago), but I will take a screwed up knee over that anyday.

^^^
    I'll take my chances with the brace,rather than twisting my knee and being in agony.It takes me about three to four weeks after I tweak my knee to get rid of the swelling and am able to start kneeling down somewhat again.The brace has saved me a few times this year,I can feel when it happens but the brace wont lett my knee twist.But I would also say if you dont need a brace dont wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckwr250 View Post
    Either you have been lucky or your knee is not that bad, because there is nothing stopping your knee from twisting or hyperextension.But they are better than most knee guards.
    My MCL tear has made my knee quite prone to dislocation from lateral movement outwards, even when just walking, which these guards really help out when I'm riding.

Don't get me wrong, a properly fitted orthopedic knee brace would help a lot more if I had the $$, but I can definitely say that the cheaper Thor knee guards help out more than I thought they would.

Then again, I do consider myself lucky in this world too!
    MODE ON