Jennings TD - Feb 13,14,15 - 2010

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennings TD - Feb 13,14,15 - 2010

Jennings TD - Feb 13,14,15 - 2010

NEW INFO IN THIS POST TO SEE

http://www.jenningsgp.com/events.htm

Myself as well as a few other guys are attempting to go down to Jennings to do a triple track day in Feb of 2010. It's a ways off still but I'm thinking things should get started with regards to booking spots. Lodgings need to be done, as well as figuring out if anyone needs a trailer spot. This will take a bit of time to figure who has a trailer spot free and who may drive down with who.
    Things will get straightened out slowly as we still have a bit of time. I'm figuring the TD will need to be booked quickly, as many flock to the south in the winter to ride.
    So this is just a heads up that things are starting to roll. PM or post up so we can get a list.
    If you are a definate, PM/email me through my sig, any contact info (email would help too) as well as your setup,
    ie:
    need trailer spot,
    have single bike trailer,
    have pickup,
    have multiple bike trailer,
    have extra room for additional bike and passenger,
    have extra room for bike only,
    vehicle style -> # of passengers comfortably w/gear
    (passenger ->yes or no. You may want to do your own thing. No probs. It is Florida after all and a long haul.)
    Smokers unite.........btw. I smoke when I drive.
    As well as location (crossroads)
    FYI....Nobody cannot guarantee a trailer spot. First come first serve.

If you require a trailer spot, please make sure you supply the necessary straps for your bike. You will be responsible to tie your own bike down unless the driver specifies they will. Regardless, each should make sure their own bike is tied down to their liking to prevent 'blame' if something should happen. Reality.... **** happens !
    Make sure you have travel insurance. We are doing something that is inherantly dangerous to our health... Again.... **** happens...

Sunday Nov 15 at 2:00PM is the meeting night to go over trailer spaces and rides down. There is a Timmies on the NW corner of Tomken and Steeles. I will also send out PM's to all that sent one to me (I hope). If you by chance don't get one, don't worry....I can't multitask. Show your butt up anyhow.

So far:
    • cola_fiend2003 - definately
    • DVS - definately
    • Metastable - definately
    • Infernobuster - definately
    • fiery254 - definately
    • Pete from Petes Tires (Montreal) - definately
    • Alpine - definately
    • Elkymutt - definately
    • adawar - definately
    • sircastic - definately
    • fawaz - definately
    • bjturner and guest - definately
    • Sky_high - definately
    • Louie Raffa - definately
    • meme - TBA
    • eastcoast_GSX - TBA
    • buttahz - TBA
    • reciprocity - TBA
    • buttahz - TBA
    • Golo13 and pal - TBA
    Once I get an email or PM (prefer email) from you, I will add you to the list. .

Some of the above are tentative still.
    If you plan on joining the group, please make sure you have anything needed to travel to the States. (paperwork on the bike too. Last year we had an agent go over each and every VIN as we passed into the States!!)
    Once we get a tally on total riders, bikes and trailers, we will figure who will go with who. Best thing is to have a meeting at a coffee shop somewhere like we did last time. Location needs to be accounted for. Can't have a rider from Scarb going with one from Miss.... Ya know? If you just want to treailer down by yourself, that's fine. It's your vehicle and it's a ***** when you need to travel even further to drop off on return.
    Also, E1 doesn't need to do all 3 days. They have a deal on which is Sat, Sun and Mon, ALL FOR $325.00 USD. That's really good. They also sell each day sparately, so if you only want a day or 2 then you can do that. I just want all I can get at that time of the year and for that distance..

I just spoke with Jennings and the latest anyone should book their days in should be the beginning of January. So that gives a bit of time for E1 to decide. Right now, they are "Wide Open" according to the person I spoke to.

In order to book your day(s) now or up to the beginning of January, you will need to call Jennings directly and reserve. They only post up the current month's track days on the electronic registration page, so if you waited for the online registration, you may be out of luck. Also as an FYI, if you are at the top of the list for trailer space, you will be OK. If you are not a 100% for sure for trailer space, don't rely on a ride down if you are not specifically slated for a spot. Meaning, if you are not slated for a spot by me or Inferno on the trailer 100%, DO NOT ASSUME YOU HAVE A RIDE AT ALL. That is why we are going to hold a get together for this reason BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRACKDAY(s). If you have an alternate method of transportation, you are golden.

With regards to lodgings, this will be up to the individual's choice...ie 5 star or motel... I just need a place to sleep sooooo..... FYI. There are accommodation suggestions on their web page.

Here's a possible route. Any suggestions?

IMPORTANT.....Please understand that I am not organizing a track day trip here. Only inviting others to come along on a trip down south to get a few days of fun in with us. I/we are not responsible for anyone's lodgings, food, basic necessities. etc, etc, etc. You are on your own other than getting a ride if required. We will all hang together. Don't get me wrong. I just don't want anyone holding me/us, to anything that you should be taking care of yourself if you were going there on your own. Any shared items (vehicles/trailers) should be understood that no one gets a free ride down.

OK. We may be fitting all the bikes in a large trailer generously supplied and hauled by INFERNOBUSTER and use extra vehicles to move people and a bit of gear. We'll see what the final count is. He cannot be dragging a vehicle that size all over the GTA. So everyone had best arrange to get their bike, somehow to Infernobuster's or arranging with him for pickup if he is able to swing it. He's doing us the favour of getting the large trailer, after all. I will use my own trailer and give up the spot and will take DVS' bike as well.

Some have stated in PM's that they have a trailer but would like to go in the large trailer. Due to the lengthening list, other trailers will be needed and you may be pulling your own.

I forgot to mention.......IMPORTANT....Pulling a trailer that size requires a vehicle to match. Anyone that gets a ride will be required to pony up some gas money. I will leave that $$ figure up to inferno. You'd only be spending it on renting a trailer and gas regardless...We are not hosting anything here. Just seeing who wants to go down south in the middle of winter to enjoy themselves, with us. The more the merrier.
    See this post
    And this one
    Hoping I'm not sounding like an ***. Just laying it out on the table.
    Link to see also
    Last edited by cola_fiend2003; 12-30-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Re: Jennings TD - Feb 13,14,15 - 2010

I'm 99%. Just need to pack the wife off to England for the duration of the trip. Or longer if I can!

And I'd be all 3 days. I'd only drink on the off day and that wouldn't be good for anything or anybody.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    I'm 99%. Just need to pack the wife off to England for the duration of the trip. Or longer if I can!

And I'd be all 3 days. I'd only drink on the off day and that wouldn't be good for anything or anybody.
    lol..OK. Updated. PM your contact info and what you plan on driving or if ride needed or if extra space.. I'll put this in the first post.

I'm definitely interested.
    there is no spoon

I was telling Pete about it yesterday, and said hes 99% in.

As for myself, id probably take my truck down and i could possibly get a big trailer that could take 4 to 6 bikes plus gear etc etc. I could fit 4 guys in my truck comfortably ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

OK. we will see who in the 'regular' group (as in the Mid-O team) requires a trailer ride, and then the other spots can be dolled out.

Quote Originally Posted by cola_fiend2003 View Post
    OK. we will see who in the 'regular' group (as in the Mid-O team) requires a trailer ride, and then the other spots can be dolled out.
    +1 ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca

Im in 100% unless i break my damn leg again doing something stupid!!! but im in! Im leaving from montreal, will try to get somebody from here to go down with me.
    Check out www.petes-superbike.com for great tire prices!

Sounds good

Count me IN!!
    -> Jeremy W <-
    -Honda CBR250R (MC17) <- Soon to be 'For Sale'
    -Honda VFR400R (NC30)
    -Suzuki GSX-R600 (K7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_high View Post
    Count me IN!!
    For the guys just posting up saying your in .. we need to know what your in for.

Are you guys taking care of your own personal/bike transportation down there, accomodations etc etc .. or are you looking for empty spots from the people already going.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_high View Post
    Count me IN!!
    Please read the first post. Glad to have you with us.

Do we have to leave a deposit to jennings or something?
    Check out www.petes-superbike.com for great tire prices!

Mississauga ('08 ZX-14 Street, '02 GSXR750 Track))

Currently tentative, I spoke to Metastable and he suggested a good way to OK this with the wife.......X'Mas present!!!!

I'll have to wait until I know what's going on at work though before committing.
    DVS in name....DVS in nature.....

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    Currently tentative, I spoke to Metastable and he suggested a good way to OK this with the wife.......X'Mas present!!!!

I'll have to wait until I know what's going on at work though before committing.
    You know you wannntt tooooooooo ...

Come bring out the 750 so we can play .... muahahahah ...
    www.thetoyhauler.ca

Mississauga ('08 ZX-14 Street, '02 GSXR750 Track))

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    You know you wannntt tooooooooo ...

Come bring out the 750 so we can play .... muahahahah ...
    LOL, I'm getting excited already!!

What the hell do you have up your sleeve? I'm thinking a Y2K or something.....LOL
    DVS in name....DVS in nature.....

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by petes-superbike View Post
    Do we have to leave a deposit to jennings or something?
    The track days you are doing will be usually paid up front in total.

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    LOL, I'm getting excited already!!

What the hell do you have up your sleeve? I'm thinking a Y2K or something.....LOL
    ... oh .. youll see.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    ... oh .. youll see.
    Hmmmmmm.........watch moneybags drop an MV Agusta or sumpin onto the track.

Quote Originally Posted by cola_fiend2003 View Post
    Hmmmmmm.........watch moneybags drop an MV Agusta or sumpin onto the track.
    Whoa moneybags !?!?!?! ..

Thats it im buying Rossi's bike from this season for 500,000 ... lol.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca