*Hazard* Don Mills Rd between o connor and overlea

Thread: *Hazard* Don Mills Rd between o connor and overlea

*Hazard* Don Mills Rd between o connor and overlea

If you are heading northbound on Don Mills from o connor towards overlea, somewhere after the on ramp to DVP N the road on both lanes is kinda not flat at all and screwy and curvy and bumpy.

If you're like me and go fast and its (like 95km/h+?) you will be airbourne and sh1t bricks and possibly lose control.

so be warned !

possibly just me because my bike is light. but idk.

ymmv
    Last edited by that_new_guy; 10-22-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    that new guy - gamer, motorcyclist, cyclist, cager, transit user, pedestrian, delivery xpert, student, RFD-er, anime desu-desu otaku kawaii ^_^v and so much more!

this season(2011): 300 kms~
    ^ Yeah I know, haven't been riding much

Re: *Hazard* Don Mills Rd between o connor and overlea

that part of the road has always been like that

never had any problem...thanks for the heads up

There is a concrete patch repair section that you should stay off - really bumpy and unpredicatble but the worse part is just a few meters north in the curb lane at the entrance to the park - the bumpiness is not visible and I've lost traction a few times under heavy throttle and saved it every time. I ride a zx-6r, not a heavy bike and the roughness really gets the back end squirly....easy place to get it crossed up.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

yeah it's been like that for nuff long.. beware aswell metro's finest sometime sit on the top.. speed trap before you reach the 7 eleven.
    Welcome to Squid city.. the Poserland, home of chickenstrip riders... TEE-DOT!!
    We Lean Low. while you pose straight. GOT IT? GOOD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ruckus View Post
    yeah it's been like that for nuff long.. beware aswell metro's finest sometime sit on the top.. speed trap before you reach the 7 eleven.
    WOW - thanks for the heads up - I've been by there several times and seen no speed traps...so I've done some almost WOT runs up the hill (no traffic). Another radar trap is the top of Bayview Ave by Loblaws coming up from Pottery Rd. The guy steps out from a bush - seen it a few times.

There are less and less places to do these micro-bursts of speed

I guess the track is it....
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Don Mills northbound going towards O'Connor where there were the groves and dips in the pavement through the S bend - have been nicely fixed over the weekend. Nice smooth pavement now!

Quote Originally Posted by koukla View Post
    Don Mills northbound going towards O'Connor where there were the groves and dips in the pavement through the S bend - have been nicely fixed over the weekend. Nice smooth pavement now!
    I think I almost shed a tear of joy when I went through that today. Those dips in the lane were such a pain in the arse to deal with.

Real nice in your car or motorcycle but really bad for cyclist as they have eliminated the shoulder . OK Northbound (downhill) as I go as fast on my cycle as most cars do, but not too nice going uphill on your pedal bike with no space between the hillside and the traffic.
    Last edited by STARSHIP; 11-24-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

drove by there yesterday. what a nice surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by koukla View Post
    You mean going northbound towards Overlea??? Yes, I too saw the repaving - fixed right up to the entrance of the park. Now with the warning of popo doing speed traps at the top of the hill I've lost a place where I used to like to open it up a bit - but thanks for the warning.

There is lots of grooved and dangerous pavement around - use this link to report: www.transpcs@toronto.ca I've used it and it's quite good for responsiveness - but not sure if so in the Fall. Leslie between Eglinton and Lawrence is a bad road - ruts and potholes right in the blocking lane. I've complained about that...to no avail. I think they have to redo the entire roadway.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R