Insurance Questions Answered: A Claim Adjuster's Perspective - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Insurance Questions Answered: A Claim Adjuster's Perspective

Re: Insurance Questions Answered: A Claim Adjuster's Perspective

Roger,

If the profits are so good up here in Ontario for motor vehicle insurance, you'd think those big American companies like Geico and Progressive would be up here in a heart beat. Remember Kingsway? They had super rates for motorcycles. Where are they now?

Don't get me wrong, I think rates are out of this world but, you're barking up the wrong tree my friend. The coverages you pay for are mandated by the provincial government. The rates are regulated by the provincial government.

As for taxes, that's a bit off topic but, I understand your position. But, you're not going to see any changes to the tax structure for education. There are folks that never have kids and pay taxes too.

Cheers.

That young whipper snapper sure hit a sore point with Gympy, boy did Gympy go off on him.

Hey kid, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Cycle View Post
    That young whipper snapper sure hit a sore point with Gympy, boy did Gympy go off on him.

Hey kid, keep up the good work!
    Oh man I've angered the seniors. Time to run up the stairs where they cant catch me!

Quote Originally Posted by GYMPY View Post
    At your age you are banking future tax dollars which you will need for further and possibly massive health care in the future when you get to my age of in the sixties
    I may very well be wrong, but my understanding is that the CPP/tax dollars from the current working generations go to support the current retired generation. You make it sound like your contributions from 20, 30, 40 years ago were set aside for when you need them when you retire. I think this is incorrect. You depend on tax dollars from younger generations; and when those younger generations get to your age, they will depend on even younger generations.

Our free education and health care systems work based on everybody footing the bill, regardless of what their needs are. You may argue that you're entitled to your old-age benefits because you "banked" them when you were younger. What about children? Do they get to "bank" to future school expenses when they're fetuses? Nope.

Think of it this way using your logic: when you're young, you "bank" for old-age; when you're old, you repay what you used when you were young.

Quick Questions, what kinda % increase do most insurance companies apply to premiums if the driver has a lapse in being licensed for over a year. No suspension, just never renewed?