Canadian Motor Speed way!! show your support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Motor Speed way!! show your support.

Canadian Motor Speed way!! show your support.

Check this out and please support it! thanks everyone.

As motorsports enthusiasts we all know that there are not nearly enough venues in Ontario. This proposed speedway is like nothing else in Canada, and we have been given an opportunity to voice our opinions and show our support for growth and chance in this sport. The Canadian Motor Speedway needs YOUR help to make this dream turn into a reality. Please take a few moments and show your support, don’t let the people who oppose have the only voice. This is an amazing opportunity not only for racers and fans, but also for the entire province.

PLEASE HELP THE SPEEDWAY BECOME A REALITY BY WRITING A LETTER OF SUPPORT TODAY TO:

Carolyn J. Kett
    Clerk
    Town Hall
    1 Municipal Centre Drive
    Fort Erie, ON - L2A 2S6
    ckett@forterie.on.ca

DON’T FORGET TO “CC” A COPY OF YOUR EMAIL TO THE RACE TRACK info@cdnmotorspeedway.com
    AND VISIT THEIR WEBSITE TO CHECK OUT THIS ONE OF A KIND FACILITY www.cdnmotorspeedway.com

Have you ever heard of a “GREEN” race track? Well now you have! This speedway will enhance environmental features with the creation of additional and sustainable creeks, storm water ponds and an Eco Park, which exemplifies a co-existence between the modernized and natural world.

There are so many reasons why we in Ontario need this track!!

It will be a world class venue recognized as a tourism attraction which will benefit the travel/tourism industry in the Niagara region, the positive economic impact with the creation of jobs during this global economic crisis and creating a positive impact to the Niagara region and surrounding communities, , the educational partnerships in the automotive and manufacturing sector, it’s a leader paving the way for environment friendly race tracks, it offers a wide range of activities and entertainment for racers, fans and their families, something you cannot find at any other facility.

Most importantly it provides an outlet to drivers of all ages to test their vehicles performance in a safe and controlled environment to develop and enhance skills that cannot be achieved by driving on public roads by offering training by certified professionals, these types of driver improvement programs keep our street safer for everyone and help reduce dangerous driving activities.

Please, let’s not be deprived of this incredible opportunity! Please forward this message to all of your friends and if you belong to other clubs/forums please post this message as it affects us all as an automotive enthusiast community!

Re: Canadian Motor Speed way!! show your support.

Looks like this is coming to a vote this Dec 7th! I'll be there to support it... anyone else? I also signed the petition. Here's the info if anyone needs it.

THIS IS IT! The vote for approval goes Monday December 7, 2009, 6 p.m. @ Fort Erie Town Hall.

This will be the final meeting for approval and we need to have a major presence on this night. The opponents will be there in force and we need to show the voters how passionate we are about this development. Again I Thank You for all your messages, comments and support. Each and every one of you HAVE made a difference. The Facebook group has a prominent place in generating awareness and support for the CMS project and Town Council has noted that. The developers and partners have noticed what you have done as well, and are most appreciative. I will post a link on the "events" section of the CMS Group page about the Vote Meeting. Please show on the 7th and bring all the support you can muster. Thank You!

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR CMS

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=85047111703

SIGN THE PETITION TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!
    Message to supporters. Please sign the petition supporting the Canadian Motor Speedway Project. Thank You!

*note* Ignore the donation pop up window. Just close the browser and you will automatically be signed on the petition. NO donation necessary.

http://new.ipetitions.com/petition/femotorsports/

here's another update.

It goes for a vote on the 7th with the town, and then goes to the region on the 9th! These are the two most important meetings where we need to show our support.

Here's the info I was sent...

Niagara Regional Council has commenced their review of the Canadian Motor Speedway proposal and are now accepting comments from area residents.

Please show your support and send an e-mail to the "Regional Government" Thank You.

Send your comments to:

>Peter Partington, Regional Chair
    chairman@niagararegion.ca

>Shirley Cordiner, Regional Councilor for Fort Erie shirley.cordiner@niagararegion.ca

>Kevin Bain, Regional Clerk
    kevin.bain@niagararegion.ca

Niagara Region
    2201 St. David's Road
    P.O. Box 1042
    Thorold, ON L2V 4T7
    Canada

phone: (905)685-1571 or 1-800-263-7215

"there are no speed limits on the road to excellence"

YES....WE NEED THIS TO HAPPEN...Good for the area
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

just got this in my email...

Last edited by TrackAddict; 12-01-2009 at 11:27 AM.

The contact phone number for Lisa McManus is not "684" it is "905-685-4225" which takes you to the region of Niagara......................just in case anyone calls.
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

I heard about this since last year when it was just an idea. This is way too cool!!

Oh, BTW i have done my part, just sent an email to all parties involved
    Last edited by dvu3; 12-05-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

I am going to try to be there...........see if I can get to speak but there are lots of people registered and not sure what time allotment they are giving
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

I guess after a 6 hour meeting the Ft Erie city council approved the project with 100% of the vote. One more step and we get a new playground.
    Well done all involved.

ha........took for ever, I was #34 and spoke on behalf of ALL racers, clubs, teams etc (think I did well - got lots of high fives) and I wasn't up until almost 10.........most of the opposed were ANGRY and really negative, while those who supported it spoke well and very professional. I didn't stay for the other 23 speakers but the overall aura was positive and we knew we already passed this step judging by the comments given..:>)))))))
    GECKO #169

Quote Originally Posted by GECKO View Post
    ha........took for ever, I was #34 and spoke on behalf of ALL racers, clubs, teams etc (think I did well - got lots of high fives) and I wasn't up until almost 10.........most of the opposed were ANGRY and really negative, while those who supported it spoke well and very professional. I didn't stay for the other 23 speakers but the overall aura was positive and we knew we already passed this step judging by the comments given..:>)))))))
    Thank-You for taking the time Shawna as well as any/all who stood up in support.The racing community owes you one. Cant wait to bring the SOAR circus to Ft Erie.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Thank-You for taking the time Shawna as well as any/all who stood up in support.The racing community owes you one. Cant wait to bring the SOAR circus to Ft Erie.
    +1....thanks Shawna.

Great News. Tomorrow is another big day!

Look for the CMS Supported R6 in the SOAR booth this weekend

Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Smile Re: Canadian Motor Speed way!! show your support.

GREAT next step

Thanks all
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

That article was fairly biased towards the anti-speedway people. CARS they call themselves, Citizens Against Racing Speedways, formed a few months ago, what a load of... However, they did have a video of "Johnny Speedway" in his mid 30's who was for the speedway but didn't have a very reputable arguement or clean clothes it looked like. Good to see it get passed though, should be a very cool venue and terrific for Canada.

I stayed for the first couple hours, enough to get a feel for what's going on. All opposition speakers that I heard were essentially using NIMBY arguments and quite a number of them were shot down by the councillors themselves. The speakers in favor were factual and gave actual references. The speakers from Turn 2 Sportbike Rental, the local chamber of commerce, and the real estate broker involved in the deal all gave really good presentations. Not all local residents are opposed to this, either. (sorry Shawna, I couldn't stay long enough to see yours.)

There is a major hurdle remaining, and that's completion of the environmental impact and noise-abatement studies. I wouldn't say that this is a done deal yet. It took Calabogie a couple of years to get through that stage, and this one is a lot closer to civilization (read: neighbors) and is proposing much more spectator-intensive activities (read: neighbors, traffic flow, noise, policing, hospital facilities, etc - whereas Calabogie has essentially no spectator facilities).

Anyway, this was nevertheless a big hurdle that is now cleared. On to the next one.

Exclamation Re: Canadian Motor Speed way!! show your support.

1 problem I see coming

The money's mostly coming from Dubai...When they HAD so much....

with all the Debt over there, I wouldn't think this could continue.....

but...we'll have to see what comes out in the wash...

Quote Originally Posted by brian p View Post
    i stayed for the first couple hours, enough to get a feel for what's going on. All opposition speakers that i heard were essentially using nimby arguments and quite a number of them were shot down by the councillors themselves.

Anyway, this was nevertheless a big hurdle that is now cleared. On to the next one.
    nimby?

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    nimby?
    Not In My Back Yard.