News: GTA drivers face 14% insurance hikes, TorStar - Page 12

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: News: GTA drivers face 14% insurance hikes, TorStar

Re: News: GTA drivers face 14% insurance hikes, TorStar

Unless that 20% there is a surcharge for something.... Have you been in an at-fault accident since youre last renewal?
    1975 Suzuki T500 - 2 Stroke 500 CC Twin

Re: News: GTA drivers face 14% insurance hikes, TorStar

Quote Originally Posted by 2smokewilleh View Post
    Unless that 20% there is a surcharge for something.... Have you been in an at-fault accident since youre last renewal?
    No Accident, none, at or not at fault. CLEAN Record, not even a parking ticket. It went up from initial quote several months ago by 33.78%. Agent called today and wants to meet to find a solution to the drastic increase. I can add numbers and if initial was $125.XX a month and it changed to $167.XX a month it is an increase of roughly 34%. (Regardless of some discounts, intro rates or general rate increase).
    State Farm in their letter outlined that there was a increase done by governing body of 13% and it is not specific to them. As much as from that sentence we hope that the State farm rates will not increase by 13% what it means is that it's not only them that will increase the rates. Its interesting how they word their letters.
    This was my moms case.
    Regardless of the increases I still have my car bike and rental insurance with them.
    So does my better half.
    State Farm still offers best rates for over a liter bikes so I guess we gonna have to take it one more time.
    I simply wonder at what point people will start driving and riding without insurance.
    As much as I would love a salary increase of (average) 13% a year I did not get one in over 3 years. My pay actually went down after my previous work place shut down and laid off a lot of workers.
    At the same time my expenses went up. University tuition constantly goes up, Gas sky rockets. And what do we do about it?
    NOTHING.
    At some point all those immigrants that feed this country with cheap labor cost will chose a different country or simply will stay home. At some point businesses will move (like they did from Toronto due to high cost and taxes). At some point what they do to us will backfire on them. I wonder how long will we have to wait for that to happen.
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200