Suspension setup in GTA? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspension setup in GTA?

Re: Suspension setup in GTA?

You guys are all on bikes with too much power.

If my memory is correct: 6th on front straight, 3 down (3rd) for corner 1, 2 up (5th) for second straightaway, 2 down (3rd) for the next set of corners, 1 down for the hairpin (2nd), 1 up and then 1 down for the chicane, 1 up before the sweeper. The two corners coming onto the front straight I can either do in 2nd by buzzing the engine hard, or let it chug away in 3rd. If there's traffic I'll do it in 2nd, if I can pick my own line I use 3rd.

This is on an FZR400, and I'm sure that anyone on a GP bike will probably be shifting even more than I am.

Try it on a supermoto bike with a 5 speed close ratio gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    4 shifts on the front straight, 2 shifts on the back straight. That's it.
    Sounds about right. Except for when your bottom fairing goes walkabout, wedges underneath your shifter and stops you downshifting. Then it's mainly 4 up and clutching out of turn one until you can stamp on your shifter on the back straight.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

been there, done that

Try it on a cruiser with a wide ratio 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Try it on a supermoto bike with a 5 speed close ratio gearbox.