leather suit sizing us/euro?

Thread: leather suit sizing us/euro?

leather suit sizing us/euro?

i've been looking at various leather racing suits online to get an idea of whats out there. over the weekend some one suggested i'm one size based on our size differencecs but when i see my dress size compared to euro size its much bigger. is there a difference in in size from manufacturer to manufacturer and from mens/womans sizes
    x

Re: leather suit sizing us/euro?

No idea about mens to womens but my Arlen Ness suit and my Joe Rocket jacket are a lot different despite both being a size 46.

So yah, theres some variation between brands.

Euro is plus 10
    46US is 56Euro

more accurate to check out their sizing chart, size ranges for what will fit in different areas of the body (chest, hips, shoulders, legs, etc.)

I've been online the past two days doing the exact same thing. I've found a big difference in company's sizing. Depending on the site, there are sizing charts from each company. I'm going to have to trust their size charts but then I'm also going to send my individual measurements to them as well (if I order online). That's the solution I've come up with, if I order online.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Don't go by your dress size. Women's dress sizes are all over the place and Euro dress sizes vary greatly compared to North American standards.

Go by the size chart and measurements.

Wondering the same thing. I have a 48us Textile suit ,which I can wear full clothing underneath, I assume with leathers I should be going for a size 46 based on Measurements from the manufacturers websites. I am 6ft, and about 200 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdomi View Post
    Wondering the same thing. I have a 48us Textile suit ,which I can wear full clothing underneath, I assume with leathers I should be going for a size 46 based on Measurements from the manufacturers websites. I am 6ft, and about 200 pounds.
    Yeah .. you would be a 46 .. but trying on the suit prior to buying would be a great idea.
    I have a teknic 44 and a nexo 46 .. 46 is a little loose on me, but not ball crushing like the teknic.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    No idea about mens to womens but my Arlen Ness suit and my Joe Rocket jacket are a lot different despite both being a size 46.

So yah, theres some variation between brands.
    I have a Joe Rocket and a Teknic one piece leathers, both size 44. The Rocket fits quite a bit bigger

I think what we're trying to say is:

Post your measurments...

Seriously, if you can find someplace that carries what you are looking at buying, I'd try it on first, there can be a large variation even with the same manufacturer and model. You can usually get close if you can figure out which size fits you, but stil be prepared to possibly have to ship back once or twice.

There's a big difference between manufacturers. I've even seen a difference between styles of A*s jackets I've had.

Bottom line, try it on. I've bought enough ill fitting gear online to dress myself 3 times over.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdomi View Post
    You're about my size -1 inch and a few lbs. A size 56 Euro (46 US) fits me fine in most areas but it all depends on your proportions. Some areas are very tight, others; very loose. That's why I'd never buy without trying. I guess specific measurements are the next best thing.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

The Euro sizing confused the hell out of me too - when I was in the UK.

As it happens my wife has an (un)used Dainese 2 piece suit - red and white.

She tried it on a ducati 749 at the shop , fitted fine. Got home and found out she couldnt bend the legs far enough to get on the pegs of her VFR 400(Tiny). So it has seen use exactly zero times.

Its a zip together so should be ok for trackdays. If you would be interested send me a pm and I could get a bit more info - although I see you are a fair bit out on the other side of the GTA.

I found the teknic suits really small fitting - not really made for latinas (if you know what im sayin)....If youre hourglass i suggest Alpinestar and Dainese. These ones I found fit more true to size. The websites should tell you the measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by carito View Post
    I found the teknic suits really small fitting - not really made for latinas (if you know what im sayin)....If youre hourglass i suggest Alpinestar and Dainese. These ones I found fit more true to size. The websites should tell you the measurements.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9QI18-Bpo

Nowt wrong with a bit of cushion.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

ugh took me a few min to figure out that a* is euro sized (at least i think they are). I was looking at the woman's sizes and they seem to think women stop growing at 5'11 (i'm taller and average height on my mom's side of the family). Also their selection sucks for women (I was hoping to find something in black and yellow). I found a great deal on a mens suit but i'm thinking it won't fit proper. If I had the $ I'd just get custom replica of debby daring (I blame agave on that) but that would cost more than my bike.

Joe Rocket, Nexo and Teknic all seem to think no women ride on the track.

I probably wouldn't have an issue if they said "unisex".

I haven't checked out Dianese yet, will do that when i get home..
    x

Dainese has a bit more selection but no size chart.
    x

Dainese size chart
    http://www.motorace.com/sizing.htm

Women's One piece suits (including Dainese)
    http://www.kneedraggers.com/list/1392
    Last edited by SLaP; 10-15-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLaP View Post
    Dainese size chart
    http://www.motorace.com/sizing.htm

Women's One piece suits (including Dainese)
    http://www.kneedraggers.com/list/1392
    Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    Those help, thanks! I was cursing like a trucker looking through the dainese site
    x