Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundation - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundation

Re: Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundat

Quote Originally Posted by Gel View Post
    Hey steve! If you could wrap it that would be great. Children love tearing the wrappers off their christmas gifts.

Thank u! i will wrap it then.
    Its only $10 dollars..i dont care about getting a taxable receipt for it.

Re: Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundat

Quote Originally Posted by Gel View Post
    Hey steve! If you could wrap it that would be great. Children love tearing the wrappers off their christmas gifts.
    The Foundation/Society needs the gift to be UNWRAPPED.

This way they will know what age group the toy/gift is for (also ensures that items are not duplicated). They sort the toys/gifts and organize it for distribution.

On the gift note, here are some alternative gift suggestions as the "tween" and teen age groups are often left out!

Gift certificates for Video games, Music, Books, Etc (just ensure you have a receipt with you for tax receipting purposes).
    CD's
    DVD's
    Electronics
    Books & Magazines

I am soooo looking forward to this event!

Quote Originally Posted by chelle333 View Post

This way they will know what age group the toy/gift is for (also ensures that items are not duplicated). They sort the toys/gifts and organize it for distribution.

On the gift note, here are some alternative gift suggestions as the "tween" and teen age groups are often left out!

Gift certificates for Video games, Music, Books, Etc (just ensure you have a receipt with you for tax receipting purposes).
    CD's
    DVD's
    Electronics
    Books & Magazines

Hey Michelle! Thanks for clarifying this out, I guess I missed that info on our last meeting.
    I am also very much looking foward to this event as well.
    Nov.21st Charity Toy Drive!!
    Dinner & Dance! Single's Auction! PM me for tickets.

FOUR WHEELS MOVE THE BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL.

non wrapped.. check!

I read somewhere that the donated toys have to be new. Can it be a used toy that is in good condition?

Quote Originally Posted by chelle333 View Post

CD's
    DVD's
    Electronics
    Books & Magazines

ybnormal

To add some additional insight for toy donations.

I'm sure that all toys would be accepted. From my experience with NPO's geared to children's benefit, toys that are deemed undistributable, other than for hazardous reasons, are usually used in their programs that they fund. In other words, we won't reject anything, but recommend new toys. As for issuing a receipt for a used toy, it would be unlikely because we would be submitting the receipts with the donation receipt request listing for valuation purposes.

Please remember that cash donations are also encouraged and they will be fully receipted if over $10.

The receipts will also apply to money collected from the singles auction!

Some kids are getting batman and transformers toys from me and some lucky lady gets dinner with me. Should be a great night all around!

I gotta go to Zellers and see check out the new G.I. Joe toys..... one for me, one for the kids. lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    Some kids are getting batman and transformers toys from me and some lucky lady gets dinner with me. Should be a great night all around!
    why lucky lady? can't guys bid too?

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    why lucky lady? can't guys bid too?
    Why you planning on taking Roasted home thar bud?

Quote Originally Posted by stevestang View Post
    non wrapped.. check!
    Can us single guys getting auctioned wrap our "donations"? Can never be too careful these days.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    Why you planning on taking Roasted home thar bud?
    I've seen Roasted's picture somewhere and I'll be a gentleman and let the ladies have him for the night

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Can us single guys getting auctioned wrap our "donations"? Can never be too careful these days.
    once ya go bareback ya never go back...right?

Hey Everyone..we've had several inquiries about whether people can get pledge sheets to collect money on behalf of the Childrens Aid Foundation that they can then remit at the event. Unfortunately, we're not really prepared or geared-up to do this type of collection this year. It requires a bit more dilligence on our part and we'd rather leave that for next year. At this point, only the committee members will be collecting money at the event or via some other private arrangement or via the PayPal account set-up for the event. As mentioned elsewhere, any money gathered over $10 will receive a charitable tax receipt for the donation on behalf of the Childrens Aid Foundation. You can PM the committee members directly if you'd like to do some kind of private donation. They are:
    Mystique, Gel, ybnormal, Mr.Azim, HiBusa, Lynz, chelle333, ]Lucifer[ and myself.

Thanks for your inquiries and your understanding.

Scott..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Just wanted to say thanks to Urban-Lounger for donating a sizeable amount of toys to the toy drive. Some child with a sci-fi obsession is going to be really overjoyed this Christmas!
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Awesome. Good to see that some stuff is rolling in already!

Our committee members will be available to sell tickets this Thursday evening (29th) from 8pm onwards at Lakeshore and Leslie Tim Hortons.

If you would like to purchase a ticket, please PM me. Thanks!
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

If you don't have time to meet, you can always buy your ticket online!

Paypal Ticket Instructions:

For those buying tickets via paypal, send your payment to gtamtoydrive@hotmail.com. After receiving your payment, you will be e-mailed your ticket within 24 hours. If you do not receive your ticket after this time, please check your junk mail before contacting us.

You will also have to notify us if you wish to have a vegetarian dinner. This can be done by typing it in the "notes" box before sending payment. If there is no indication of a vegetarian dinner, you will be signed up for the chicken dinner.

Please do not lose or duplicate your tickets. All guests will be checked off the guest list upon entry, it helps us have a more accurate number of people who attended.

Are you getting good interest in people buying tickets? Its going to be well attended?

I think there are a lot more females than males attending and many of the people who've purchased tickets aren't from this board.
    Mystique