Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundation - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundation

Re: Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundat

Depending on the number of attendees we receive, we will likely increase the number of singles we need to auction! If there is anyone here who is interested in participating, please let Gel know.
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Re: Second Annual GTA Motorcycle Charity Toy Drive Benefitting Children's Aid Foundat

I hoping I get atleast $100.... I normally change $400 for a night but that includes the foreplay and sex.

Pr.125

I volunteered.. but i was shot down.. apparently not hot enough to raise any money.....right Lynz!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pr.125 View Post
    I volunteered.. but i was shot down.. apparently not hot enough to raise any money.....right Lynz!!!!
    LOL I told you I would bid on ya
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
    "Live each day as if it were your last, and then some day you'll be right."

I gotta admit, I'm actually a bit disappointed that this event is associated with GTAM and the Bike community in general. I thought this was going to be just a regular fundraiser with a more mixed crowd.

This will lend itself to the same people being there that go to meets, which means a sausage fest for the most part, or lots of people that know each other who will be bidding for their friends, etc. I was actually looking forward to this but now, I'm not so sure. I said I was in and I'm still in but my level of excitement pretty much went from an 8 to a 2 when I found out this was advertised as a "GTAM" event.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    I gotta admit, I'm actually a bit disappointed that this event is associated with GTAM and the Bike community in general. I thought this was going to be just a regular fundraiser with a more mixed crowd.

This will lend itself to the same people being there that go to meets, which means a sausage fest for the most part, or lots of people that know each other who will be bidding for their friends, etc. I was actually looking forward to this but now, I'm not so sure. I said I was in and I'm still in but my level of excitement pretty much went from an 8 to a 2 when I found out this was advertised as a "GTAM" event.

wait, this event isn't advertised anywhere else? It's only a GTAM event?

I think the only thing that makes it a GTAM event is that the people involved in organizing the event are members of this forum. I'm sure that a large percentage of attendee's will be riders or other members of GTAM, but I would expect that there will be a lot of non riders and non GTAM forum members in attendance.

On a semi related note, in case some of you were not aware, there was a recent theft in Toronto of a transport trailer full of toys destined for the Salvation army's "toys for tot's". The trailer was found last Friday, but half of the toys were missing and a large number of the remaining toys were left damaged.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...TorontoNewHome

I realize that toys for tot's is a separate charitable organization from the Children's Aid, but the bottom line is needy kids are needy kids, and for so many toys to go missing or be left damaged this close to Christmas, means that the kids need your support now more than ever.

I'm looking forward to the event, and will do my best to ensure that many of my non GTAM friends are in attendance
    Last edited by chinto; 10-14-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    wait, this event isn't advertised anywhere else? It's only a GTAM event?

It is also being advertised on Facebook. Annyone can come.
    2008 250R SOLD!!!!!
    2009 ZX-6R Current Bike.

~ Jeff ~

CHEERS !!!

Roasted, don't be disappointed. Although it is advertised as a GTAM event, this is open to any individuals. A lot of my friends (females) are not riders, and they will be attending this event. As well as friends of friends. You are more than welcome to invite your non-rider friends to this event.
    As chinto mentioned, this event IS being organized by GTAM members since it was orginally organized by GTAM members. However, that does not limit the attendees to solely being motorcycle riders or forum members. As a whole community we are congregating to create a successful event for a great cause.

** On another note** Why isn't this a sticky yet?? As requested by mods we need a registered charity # right? And don't we have that posted already??
    Nov.21st Charity Toy Drive!!
    Dinner & Dance! Single's Auction! PM me for tickets.

FOUR WHEELS MOVE THE BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr.125 View Post
    I'd buy you, Pr!!!

ybnormal

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post

By the way, many of the organizers are female...and we do have non-biker girlfriends that are looking forward to the event. (as previously mentionned). Don't forget......$4.00 martinis!

The restaurant is really nice and classy. The food is really good at this place too. There is also the equivalent of a lounge with DJ on the lower floor; which transforms the event from a dinner to a party! And don't forget...this is for the kids at the end of the day.

Sounds like good fun to me.....

Hope y'all can make it. There are a lot of ladies attending the event, and they aren't even from the site.

Remember to join our facebook group if you plan on attending and be sure to contact one of our committee members if you would like to purchase a ticket!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/e...2448777&ref=mf
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

We also have some really great door prizes!

SOAR- On-Track track day at Toronto Motorsports Park! (Pre-registration required) Valued at $125.

SOAR Race Weekend, including 2 gate passes, Friday practice and up to 5 classes excluding endurance. Pre-registration required. Track - TMP for the weekend = $435 License not included.

Spring Service Pkg provided by Kneedragger88. Includes pick-up and delivery, synthetic oil/filter change, coolant flush, brake/clutch fluid change, adjust and lube cables and chain, full inspection and report on bike's condition. Value = $200

One certificate for a free introduction to motorcycle course at Humber College.

One certificate for a free introduction to scooter course at Humber College.

This is a fantastic opportunity to win some really great experiences for the 2010 riding season! Tickets are selling out fast so remember to purchase your event ticket IN ADVANCE online at: gtamtoydrive@hotmail.com or in person (please contact me if you wish to purchase in person).

*PLEASE NOTE* ENTRANCE FEE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT WILL BE $35.
    Last edited by Mystique; 10-19-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    Mystique

Those are some great prizes! Looking forward to the event!

Shameless question here, and I will pay and donate, but for those of us who are being auctioned off, do we still need a ticket or do we get special "guest list" treatment of sorts and can just pay the regular price at the door, or shall I get a ticket?

Scotty you do not need to purchase a ticket, as dinner is complimentary for those being auctioned off. However, you are more than welcome to bring a toy donation for the children.

Thank you, you also answered my question.
    I will bring a gift with me then aswell. Does it have to be wrapped?
    Also..it can be any age toy? Just try and keep it under $10..?
    Last edited by stevestang; 10-20-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevestang View Post
    In reading the original post in this thread, in order to get a tax receipt for the toy donation you need the receipt of the toy purchase and it must exceed 10.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
    The foundation has requested that all donations of toys should be in new condition. We are also working to ensure that you will receive a tax receipt your toy donation, however your toy donation must be accompanied with a receipt and the toy's cost must exceed $10. For those of you who are pressed for time and will not be able to contribute a toy, you are welcomed to make a cash donation at the reception table.

Quote Originally Posted by stevestang View Post
    Hey steve! If you could wrap it that would be great. Children love tearing the wrappers off their christmas gifts.