Collection Agencies and credit history

Thread: Collection Agencies and credit history

Collection Agencies and credit history

A'ight,

I'll cut it short. I refuse to pay a $500 bill to bell canada out of principle. I want to burn a hole back into their pocket by sending it to a collections agency and maybe court.

How badly will it affect my credit? (probably not much is my guess, considering how good it is)

Once it goes to tarnishing my credit, does it get dropped or do they keep on nagging? (my guess is the latter)

Anyone ever negotiate with the collections agency?

Sorry for the naivety, I'm usually a very cooperative bill-paying citizen.
    "Dude, you were haulin' biscuits down that road!"

Re: Collection Agencies and credit history

not worth it, at all. like it will hurt them one bit if it goes to collections and they only get $100 of it. it will hurt you big time though.

Banned

They'll hound you for years.. A guy who had a reported address here a decade ago refused to pay out Rogers... Collections agencies are still calling.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

just don't answer the phone for 7 years and you are cool
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Bell charged my dad $100 for early contract termination as a result of his death. The collections company threatened his credit rating a few times in their letters. Haven't heard from them in a while, my guess is they realised you can't get blood money from a stone cold dead corpse. Hopefully they went back to Bell and demanded their money back.

You stick it to 'em. Bell needs to die, they will never learn.
    There is no planet B.

FYI to anybody who has creditors calling them:

They must be lic.

They must use their real name, ask for their first and last name

If you want them to stop calling you at home ask for their full name, mailing address and send them a letter(registeried) that you want all further correspondence to be in LETTER form. They must comply.

I have some friends that work collections, I forget the name of the lic govt body right now.

Once it goes to collections there is no point in paying it off, the company has already written of the debt and your credit has been dinged. The collectors get a cut of the amount collected.

FYI for bell problems, there is a address you have to write an letter too and they will resolve the problem 99% of the time. Inculding money owed, my brother threatned to go that route and they took off a ton of charges (fictious) of his bill, something like $1000 or $1500 it was a huge chunk of change.