Typhoon Ondoy/Parma,Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typhoon Ondoy/Parma,Philippines

Typhoon Ondoy/Parma,Philippines

Pinoy Motorcycle Riders fund Raising for typhoon Ondoy/Parma Victims in Philippines.
    Slideshow> http://www.slide.com/r/viYz39eP2D-dR...t_embedded_url

Re: Typhoon Ondoy/Parma,Philippines

i thought the politicians can afford to pay for the clean up. They are far richer than you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy_0611 View Post
    i thought the politicians can afford to pay for the clean up. They are far richer than you and me.
    Have u seen the damage the flood has done in Philippines? So are u saying that we shouldn't help or save our country in times of trouble?

Most of the Part of Philippines are damage, Most evrything are destroyed, besides waiting for Politicians to do something anywhere in the world is like waiting for a Miracle.

I am not saying that we should'nt help. We can help all right, but most of the money will go to line the pockets of the corrupt politicians running the country than to the flood victims.
    This has happened there time and time again.
    Studies done by Transparency international indicated that for every one dollar spend in the Philippines only 15 cents reach the target area, the rest is siphoned off by corrupt politicians and officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy_0611 View Post
    I am not saying that we should'nt help. We can help all right, but most of the money will go to line the pockets of the corrupt politicians running the country than to the flood victims.
    This has happened there time and time again.
    Studies done by Transparency international indicated that for every one dollar spend in the Philippines only 15 cents reach the target area, the rest is siphoned off by corrupt politicians and officials.
    Theres Corruption everywhere even here in U S & in Canada , the Important thing is we have a clean concience that we gave in time of needs of the poor, if those politicians chose to take some of the money, then they will carry that burden in their heart for the rest of their lives.
    My Co-organizer also carefully chose the charity that we gave our donations.
    May i ask what nationality are u? have ever give donation to the poor? or are u always thinking your $1 & cents will go to waste?

Quote Originally Posted by ManilasPrinz View Post
    Theres Corruption everywhere even here in U S & in Canada , the Important thing is we have a clean concience that we gave in time of needs of the poor, if those politicians chose to take some of the money, then they will carry that burden in their heart for the rest of their lives.
    My Co-organizer also carefully chose the charity that we gave our donations.
    May i ask what nationality are u? have ever give donation to the poor? or are u always thinking your $1 & cents will go to waste?
    I agree with Prinz. As long as you have clean conscience and your heart is on giving and most importantly you pray for the things your giving to the needy. Then who knows what will happen to the donation. Only God knows, God sees our heart my friend.
    R1ders for CHRIST
    Heading in the wrong directions...
    GOD allows U-turn...
    GOD Bless....2 all r1ders

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Have u seen the damage the flood has done in Philippines? So are u saying that we shouldn't help or save our country in times of trouble?
    Please note the red highlight. This is Canada i was born here and my parents moved here from the old country. You chose to move here this is your country now not the Philippines. Please understand the difference if you truly believe that this is not your country please leave and go to your country.
    Yes i have seen the damage yes it is severe and yes you should try to help your old country. I will choose not to just as many on here choose not to support Ride for sight or many other charities.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Quote Originally Posted by lil red bird View Post
    Please note the red highlight. This is Canada i was born here and my parents moved here from the old country. You chose to move here this is your country now not the Philippines. Please understand the difference if you truly believe that this is not your country please leave and go to your country.
    Yes i have seen the damage yes it is severe and yes you should try to help your old country. I will choose not to just as many on here choose not to support Ride for sight or many other charities.

Hey lil red bird with all due respect Sir. You are right, you are intitled choose if you would like to help or not. That's why I'm here in Canada I choose to help. We are just sharing this to all Filipino WHO would like to share. I know its not for everyone. Thanks for your opinion. GOD Bless...
    R1ders for CHRIST
    GOD allows U-turn...

Did i say this is not my Country?, This is my 2nd home and i do give to Charities in Canada, But unlike u i do look back where i came from, and u should too bcuz if its not for Pinas ur not here at all , if u choose not give thats Fine, but remember this no matter what u do the blood that runs through your vain is Filipino Blood. I Am Filipino -Canadian, I love Canada and i love Pinas , but unlike u ,i will do something if my Country is in trouble.My Old Country & My new Country Please note the red higlightLOL!
    Last edited by ManilasPrinz; 10-12-2009 at 08:55 PM.

By the way lil red bird...On Thursday i will go to a shelter home to feed the hungry people HERE IN CANADA. Maybe you could come with me since YOU ARE CANADIAN WHO IS BORN HERE.
    Last edited by MR JJ; 10-13-2009 at 11:29 AM.
    R1ders for CHRIST
    GOD allows U-turn...

Quote Originally Posted by MR JJ View Post
    By the way lil red bird...On Thursday i will go to a shelter home to feed the hungry people HERE IN CANADA.
    Would u do that Lil bird?

Such a great tragedy. I hope this adds to the urgency of tackling climate change. We're seeing records broken year after year.

Typhoon Ondoy (international code name Ketsana) dumped 334 millimeters of rain in the first six hours, the highest ever recorded rainfall in the Metropolis. The previous record was 341 millimeters over a 24 hour period 42 years ago. Ondoy submerged up to 80% of the city, and covered areas that never experienced flooding before, stranding people on rooftops and bringing death and misery to rich and poor alike. Even after the waters subsided, Metro Manila and the outlying regions were largely unprepared to handle the evacuees, the injured, and much less the contamination that the floodwaters brought.
    http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/en/...-omen-of-thing
    I hope the UN Leaders finally take concrete steps when they meet in Copenhagen this december to address this issue and negotiate the next phase of Kyoto. Sadly, I think we'll see more weak agreements, as greed leads to short-sightedness. Thinking about this ***** depresses me

Gotta agree With Red bird on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Gotta agree With Red bird on this one.

Thanks for your insight Grimmy.....Here we can express our own opinion. It does not matter if you agree or disagree for what other people are saying. What counts is in your heart. Thanks again.
    R1ders for CHRIST
    GOD allows U-turn...

Quote Originally Posted by MR JJ View Post
    Thanks for your insight Grimmy.....Here we can express our own opinion. It does not matter if you agree or disagree for what other people are saying. What counts is in your heart. Thanks again.
    Even if its not my homeland ,ill will still help & give donation. No Country or no one should suffer like those victims of typhoon On doy /Parma

Even if its not my homeland ,ill will still help & give donation. No Country or no one should suffer like those victims of typhoon On doy /Parma
    I kinda gotta agree with you guys on this one, lil red he never said anything bad about Canada, and its not uncommon to have diff ethnic communities living in Canada raise money for there homeland in times of need, whether it be a natural disaster or sickness or refugees from wars. Don't jump all over the guy telling him to go home cause he wants to help out people he knows or possibly family he still has living there.

I have a good friend who is from the Philippines and know a few others and they are great people. Best of luck to the families involved.
    Last edited by adamcbrrr; 10-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post
    I kinda gotta agree with you guys on this one, lil red he never said anything bad about Canada, and its not uncommon to have diff ethnic communities living in Canada raise money for there homeland in times of need, whether it be a natural disaster or sickness or refugees from wars. Don't jump all over the guy telling him to go home cause he wants to help out people he knows or possibly family he still has living there.

I have a good friend who is from the Philippines and know a few others and they are great people. Best of luck to the families involved.
    Thanks Adam.

I guess people don't get it, from what I typed. So, I will elaborate.

What Redbird is similar to my stance.

Funny how AdamCBR says homeland and home in two different contexts, in the same paragraph.

If you are a Canadian Citizen, Homeland = CANADA. Home = CANADA. They are the same thing.

If you are a Canadian Citizen, and if "homeland" or "home" is a different country than Canada, then the oath you took, was taken in jest. You make a mockery of Canada.

Here is the oath:

I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful
    and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty
    Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada,
    Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully
    observe the laws of Canada
    and fulfill my duties as a Canadian citizen.

Nothing pisses me off more than someone who comes to this fine country, claiming to be looking for a better life, only to have a false allegiance to this country, as their true and proper heart are with another. Worse yet, to take from this economy, and to ship it elsewhere.

I like the multiculturalism of Canada. I like how people come from somewhere else, and become Canadian, adapt to this culture, embrace it as their own, and we all benefit from it.

Over the last 10-20 years, its more about where someone is from, then where they are now. No longer is someone from China, Chinese-Canadain when referring to their background. Its now Chinese, living in Canada. As an example.

If you want to help another country in distress, do so by giving money to the Red Cross. These people need food, shelter, and security. Provide it via the proper means. Shipping money to a country will do lesser amounts of good.
    Last edited by Grimmy; 10-15-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Canada has no queen, so that whole oath should be said in jest anyways
    Last edited by chinto; 10-15-2009 at 08:50 PM.