Advice Needed - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice Needed

Re: Advice Needed

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I started with a full length and only started to cut them short when I started doing technical HB tricks like stalls, where I have to pull the clutch in with my pointer finger and hold the HB with my middle finger at the same time...Now we cut them very very short, basically just 1 finger can fit...That way it doesnt rub the rest of your finger while trying to use both levers at the same time

Its up to you but I think its better to at least cut off the ball on the end, it will get in the way eventually so you might want to start learning without it now as that is where you eventually want to be....Just like people that say "Im not ready for a HB" if its not on your bike you will never be ready for it...LOL So the sooner you have one the sooner you will start to use it....
    lol very true man. How much is a hb setup anyway, almost a g? I've looked around and seems everyone has custom setups going on. Any legit manufacturers that make a kit to make it easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojah View Post
    lol very true man. How much is a hb setup anyway, almost a g? I've looked around and seems everyone has custom setups going on. Any legit manufacturers that make a kit to make it easier?
    You can setup a HB for anywhere between $200-1000, me and all my friends us the Full Throttle dual caliper setup with Magura 190 13mm masters....

FT dual caliper bracket w/line - $250 after shipping/conversion/tax
    FT OEM Honda pre trimmed pads 2 sets - $100
    OEM Honda front calipers $100
    Magura 13mm master - $350
    braided line for rear - $50
    fluid $20

So we use HB setups that are worth about $900, but we started with setups that were only about $200...These new setups really helped us step up our game, but I wound not reccomend it for a beginner, its going to kick your *** by sending you over the bars when you get spooked and grab a hand full...My one friend greg who also stunts a 600RR went over the bars so hard the first day he put his on....He did what he normally would do with his old HB setup and it sent him over the bars because it was way more powerful...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 10-02-2009 at 12:36 PM.

You can setup a HB for anywhere between $200-1000, me and all my friends us the Full Throttle dual caliper setup with Magura 190 13mm masters....

FT dual caliper bracket w/line - $250 after shipping/conversion/tax
    FT OEM Honda pre trimmed pads 2 sets - $100
    OEM Honda front calipers $100
    Magura 13mm master - $350
    braided line for rear - $50
    fluid $20

So we use HB setups that are worth about $900, but we started with setups that were only about $200...These new setups really helped us step up our game, but I wound not reccomend it for a beginner, its going to kick your *** by sending you over the bars when you get spooked and grab a hand full...My one friend greg who also stunts a 600RR went over the bars so hard the first day he put his on....He did what he normally would do with his old HB setup and it sent him over the bars because it was way more powerful...
    Damn talk about learning the hard way, I definently want to avoid those sistuations but some are inevitable I guess. What type of setup did you guys do $200? It may fit into my budget.

Damn talk about learning the hard way, I definently want to avoid those sistuations but some are inevitable I guess. What type of setup did you guys do $200? It may fit into my budget.
    You can use any front brake master, turn it upside down and its a HB. Then you just need a fitting and some line, and since my buddy converted to the new setup I have one for you if you want it?

Some front masters work better then others, and you want a radial at the least...Or a Brembo 16x18 if you can afford one...

You can use any front brake master, turn it upside down and its a HB. Then you just need a fitting and some line, and since my buddy converted to the new setup I have one for you if you want it?

Some front masters work better then others, and you want a radial at the least...Or a Brembo 16x18 if you can afford one...
    Ya the Brembo is about $230+ I find so it might have to wait a bit. I'll totally go for his old setup, hopefully I can grab that cage n sprockets too.... Sucks that riding season in Canada is so short, we need some southern states weather so we can ride all year lol.

I remember when you first got your old bike, you've come a long way man. Don't rush too much, but let me know if you need if you need anything.

Most definently, gotta take it easy.

Ordered my raptor pro, free shipping is win. Eager to hear about that cage n sprockets...

well i am coming up that way this wekend, i can give the sprockets to johnny if you want then you can get them off of him? i think the rear is only a 47 i think i will have to check, but i do have -2 for the front

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedIn View Post
    well i am coming up that way this wekend, i can give the sprockets to johnny if you want then you can get them off of him? i think the rear is only a 47 i think i will have to check, but i do have -2 for the front
    If you think it's a good starter setup and it will last me awhile then I'm all for it dude.

msr ez pull, or moose is a good idea, but a better option is go on stuntlife and msg Righteous, he just started producing billet ez-pull clutches. there pretty close to the same price as the msr and will be much stronger and better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by cjones_636 View Post
    msr ez pull, or moose is a good idea, but a better option is go on stuntlife and msg Righteous, he just started producing billet ez-pull clutches. there pretty close to the same price as the msr and will be much stronger and better quality.
    Damn I already ordered an MSR. Well, atleast if I break it I know where to go for a stronger one now. Pretty sure my bike will be taking a beating in the learning stages, but thats a part of the game. Im really pumped for getting everything together over the next while, streetfighter time!

Quote Originally Posted by cjones_636 View Post
    Im going to wait until he gets it right, before i buy one...He keeps releasing it too early and has already taken the first batch back because it was made wrong...

Im going to wait until he gets it right, before i buy one...He keeps releasing it too early and has already taken the first batch back because it was made wrong...
    Ya the prototype phase is never a good time to buy something lol. Any word on those parts manÉ (keyboard wont let me do a question mark lol)

Well I just got my msr lever in, time to install....any updates on the cage/hb or sprockets guys?

yeah i did read about the righteous clutch perch having a couple issues. Looks like he wasnt able to fully test it because of his badly broken foot.

I did notice he seems committed to fixing it, im on the order list when he does.

Well I just got my msr lever in, time to install....any updates on the cage/hb or sprockets guys?
    i was down that way on the weekend but forgot to leave the sprockets with someone from that area, you can come down to get them or i can ship them too ya?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedIn View Post
    i was down that way on the weekend but forgot to leave the sprockets with someone from that area, you can come down to get them or i can ship them too ya?
    Where abouts are you at man?

Where abouts are you at man?
    im in chatham, its between london and windsor