Harley Full Face Helmets

Thread: Harley Full Face Helmets

2007 HD VRSCDX Night Rod Special :) Oh yeah...

Harley Full Face Helmets

So during the three hours I spent at Jacox this morning (don't ask...lets just say I'm ****** at Dukes HD where I bought my bike from!!!!) I noticed that Harley sells Harley branded full face helmets. Does anyone know who makes these or does Harley make them in house? They look like a cross between Arai and Shoei RF1000s (I don't know the Arai model number I'm thinking of...just trust me! :P )

Anyways, just thought I'd ask as the helmets look pretty sick and I'll need a new full face next year. Can't go two years without buying a new one! :P
    Cheers,

M.

Re: Harley Full Face Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by rydr4lyfe View Post
    So during the three hours I spent at Jacox this morning (don't ask...lets just say I'm ****** at Dukes HD where I bought my bike from!!!!) I noticed that Harley sells Harley branded full face helmets. Does anyone know who makes these or does Harley make them in house? They look like a cross between Arai and Shoei RF1000s (I don't know the Arai model number I'm thinking of...just trust me! :P )

Anyways, just thought I'd ask as the helmets look pretty sick and I'll need a new full face next year. Can't go two years without buying a new one! :P
    Classic Full Face:

FXRG Full Face:

System Full Face:

Which of those? (Last looks like a modular)
    I wave at kids as I pass them in a hope that there's a gray-pants-wearing, beige-volvo-driving accountant somewhere in the future that dies everytime I do.

Don't bother. They are not Arai or Shoei, and IIRC, they are HJC-made, maybe another mid-range brand. They do have that fancy Harley sticker though, which apparently is worth about a hundred bucks.

After a little googling, it's KBC ... I provide this photo and caption as proof:

"Classic Full Face Black Helmet
    Fiberglass shell with double D-ring chin strap, chin and forehead venting. Face shield removes without tools. Fits helmet headset p/n 77147-98. Replacement face shield available. Helmet bag included. Bar & Shield logo graphic. Meets DOT requirements. KBC, 3 lbs. 8 oz."

Those can't be helmets sold by Harley, where is all the orange and the tassels?

Has the world gone mad?
    -1979 Honda CB650 (SOLD)
    -2006 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    -2007 25th Anniversary Honda VFR800 (+50k km)

Actually the helmets I saw look nothing like the ones you have listed. And yes, there was one that was flamboyant in it's use of orange... I really liked the one with the ghost flames though. It was pretty ****in sick looking.
    Cheers,

M.

KBC except for the FXRG carbon one, I'm not sure who makes that. It's a good helmet but you are paying for the name. A helmet I recommend that my dad got is the HJC FS-15 Carbon. It's high quality and looks awesome. Get one in black carbon!

I personally have an Arai Corsair-V but I didn't have a good experience with it (mainly the side pods/shield system). If I were to buy a new helmet again it wouldn't be an Arai. My ultimate helmet would be a Schueberth from Germany, a carbon one, it's like $ 2000 bucks but it's sick! Too bad they don't sell them here hehe.
    Night Rod Special

Shark RSR2 - that's all I have to say.
    Loved my RSR which i proceeded to crash and replaced it with a Shoei 1000 which I regret - should've stuck with the RSR2.
    where's the wind?!

Quote Originally Posted by HDRod View Post
    Don't bother. They are not Arai or Shoei, and IIRC, they are HJC-made, maybe another mid-range brand. They do have that fancy Harley sticker though, which apparently is worth about a hundred bucks.
    HD=Hundred Dollars...

Not a big fan of KBC simply because of the weight. My KBC spare is A LOT heavier than the Shark that I'm usually rockin'.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Might be Bell. Did you axe the sales rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    Might be Bell. Did you axe the sales rep?
    Nope, couldn't be bothered. I was annoyed that I was still there waiting for my oil change to be finished after 2 hours when I should have been at work...

And I usually rock a Shoei. The HD helmets I just liked 'cause of the graphics. I'd only buy one if they were a proper fit and I liked the weight. Plus $400 for a helmet is a ******** cheaper than the $1000 I paid for my Shoei.
    Cheers,

M.

did they come already plastered in little black & white stickers with assinine sayings?
    ride - if you want to