Bringing a Motorcycle to L.A.

Thread: Bringing a Motorcycle to L.A.

Bringing a Motorcycle to L.A.

Ill be going to school at Universal Studios and living in L.A. this november and was wondering if anyone has ever transported their motorcycle to the states in a somewhat similar distance? I didn't plan on bring the motorcycle but was just curious if its a costly and difficult process. It would be pretty sweet to cruise in december

Re: Bringing a Motorcycle to L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKoiDragon View Post
    Ill be going to school at Universal Studios and living in L.A. this november and was wondering if anyone has ever transported their motorcycle to the states in a somewhat similar distance? I didn't plan on bring the motorcycle but was just curious if its a costly and difficult process. It would be pretty sweet to cruise in december
    Why not ship your belongings and do the "66" to LA on the bike... that's what I did, awesome ride once you get past Oklahoma.

Are you flying or driving (automobile) there?
    If your driving, rent a motorcycle trailer with uhal using their one way service and trailer it there.

Ill be flying there, tickets already bought

call up a trucking company and see if they got any loads going to LA and see if they have room for your bike on the back of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKoiDragon View Post
    would be a serious waste of weather if you didn't somehow get your bike down there

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

what kind of bike?
    I'll ride it there you pay for the gas and motels
    I'll fly back
    my bday is in nov

pay a shipping company to truck it there, may cost you a bit but riding on beautiful roads in the middle of the Canadian winter will make it all worthwhile

Try Uship. I shipped a bike to BC through them this year and it was fairly painless. They allow you to set maximum and minimum rates on your shipment.
    Steve Abbott

If you don't have an emotional attachment to your bike sell it and buy another one there. I'm pretty sure they are cheaper down south.

Quote Originally Posted by thisischris View Post
    If you don't have an emotional attachment to your bike sell it and buy another one there. I'm pretty sure they are cheaper down south.
    +1 and insurance is dirt cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Sabot03196 View Post
    Try Uship. I shipped a bike to BC through them this year and it was fairly painless. They allow you to set maximum and minimum rates on your shipment.
    thanks that site was good at getting a idea of how much it would cost, which i got roughly $600

I wont be selling and buy a motorcycle there since ill be a student, so to have insurance and plates in the states for a certain amount of time then having to sell it and cancel insurance.....been there and its such a hassle. I guess i wont ship it there, that 600 bucks... Id rather have some fun weekends