who's fault?

Thread: who's fault?

who's fault?

Judging by the comment ratings most think it's the car driver's fault. I think the car driver tried to avoid the motorcyclist cutting him off although some say he should have slowed down.

Even though I ride a bike I think it's the biker's fault. If you're going to change lanes at least speed up or don't change in front of a speeding vehicle. Yes the vehicle was probably speeding but still doesn't give an excuse to cut it off and expect it to slow down for us.

So who's fault is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JpoS...eature=related

Re: who's fault?

your fault

The cop.

The rider has more visibility (meaning he can see better) more agility, better braking and acceleration (then the average car) and the constant threat of these 4 wheel beasts.

I think the rider should ALWAYS be prepared for the worst, even if it is the drivers fault.

So... I think it is usually the rider that drops the ball.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Yeah, this post generates a lot of response from what I've seen. Seems to me, there was a bit more to the story....it's not as straight forward as it looks from the vid (can't remember now though, I saw this too long ago and don't remember the entire situation as it was revealed).

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

looked like the rider didn't check his mirror

The rider was changing lanes? It seemed to me he was just going straight, with an impatient car behind him.

Car's fault but who gives a rats ***, the rider still took the most of it.
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
    looked like the rider didn't check his mirror
    +1. Changing lanes into the path of a car that was traveling MUCH faster than he. Hard to tell if the cadge had just changed lanes into his path though. Again. Not enough info to be totally sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    +1. Changing lanes into the path of a car that was traveling MUCH faster than he. Hard to tell if the cadge had just changed lanes into his path though. Again. Not enough info to be totally sure.
    Dankyyz I thought they banned you!! Welcome back, oh and +1.

Almost impossible to tell definitely who's fault it was. We don't see very much leading up to the collision. But I say the rider was changing lanes into the car's lane and didn't shoulder check so if I had to lay blame, it's the rider's fault.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

My story…The cop waved the biker over… biker panics, worrying that he will get charged of trying to run away from the police, pulls over immediately. Car driver on the cell phone and reading a book was clueless of what’s happening, runs into bike. Cops fault for pulling over a speeding bike?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    My story…The cop waved the biker over… biker panics, worrying that he will get charged of trying to run away from the police, pulls over immediately. Car driver on the cell phone and reading a book was clueless of what’s happening, runs into bike. Cops fault for pulling over a speeding bike?
    my thoughts exactly... looked like cops were off to the side giving tickets... and it looked like the bike was trying to get over to the shoulder (ie, he was stopping to get pulled over)

cars fault, bike's mistake...

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage