the big foreheads at Ride for Sight

Thread: the big foreheads at Ride for Sight

the big foreheads at Ride for Sight

anybody know if the big thinkers have decided that the venue for 2009 was a disaster and it won't be repeated?
    ride - if you want to

Re: the big foreheads at Ride for Sight

2010 ride for sight is at MOSPORT
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Hindle Full system with Carbon Fiber can
    Power Commander III

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    anybody know if the big thinkers have decided that the venue for 2009 was a disaster and it won't be repeated?
    Was the venue a disaster or was it the 2 constant all day rain and flooding? Nothing you can do when it rains like that and test rides get cancelled and you don't feel like going anywhere in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    Was the venue a disaster or was it the 2 constant all day rain and flooding? Nothing you can do when it rains like that and test rides get cancelled and you don't feel like going anywhere in the rain.
    You could be a ninja and evade the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    You could be a ninja and evade the rain.
    lol no way you can evade the rain. It was a slow parade pretty much all along Airport Rd up to Collingwood for I believe 2 hours in torrential rain. The only thing that kept me from falling asleep was the short staffed police officers racing from the back of the group to the front. I hope the parade to Mosport is a lot better and more staffed.

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

his year at colling wood was the largest cluster fart i have ever seen and yes it was the venue not the weather.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Quote Originally Posted by lil red bird View Post
    his year at colling wood was the largest cluster fart i have ever seen and yes it was the venue not the weather.
    Indeed. Rain is not a problem. The venue SUCKED.
    ride - if you want to

I kind of enjoyed the hour walk from the camp site to the rock concert. Sure made me appreciate my bike even more.

I was at Ride for Sight in 2002 when it rained from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon pretty much non-stop. The bikes tore up the grass and the mud was knee high. Everyone was soaked to the bone and it was an AMAZING time! It was one of the best times at RFS. One thing I have learned is that the true fans of Ride for Sight can have a great time regardless of the weather.

Ride for Sight 2009 was not a success due to many unforseen issues on behalf of the city of Collingwood. I know that everyone at RFS has been very busy busting their butts to make 2010 a return to old form and to make it a great RFS.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Remember you gotta try new things to try and grow the ride... this one didn't work!
    I remember the first year in Collingwood and what a cluster that was, but they kept the fairgrounds site and it got better every year! Then in Trenton, first year felt disorganized but it got better every year!
    Now we're going to Mosport for the first time, will things go perfect? Probably not! Will it be a great venue and be a heck of a party? Only if we make it one! I've often said that it's the riders not the location that makes RFS so special.
    This year we have lot's going on and it's only September... check the forum for updates and exciting news.
    Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze