Ducati 848, Daytona Triumph 675, CBR600RR, GSXR 750 - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ducati 848, Daytona Triumph 675, CBR600RR, GSXR 750

Re: Ducati 848, Daytona Triumph 675, CBR600RR, GSXR 750

I cant offer and reviews on any bike other than the 600RR and I must say I LOVE IT!!, I have been on a K7 GSXR600 and R6 and IMHO the 600RR is a MUCH better bike. I have a friend who owns a 2002 Triumph 900 something lol and it spent the better part of the season being repaired, so much that he purchased another bike. The GSXR scares me only because it's Suzuki, I had read somewhere that they had a few bikes WHERE THE FRONT OF THE BIKE SEPERATED FROM THE FRAME, I dont know about you but that scares the hell out of me and throws up a HUGE red flag. Yes it may have onle been a few cases, but it still happend.( they are a nice looking bike tho ) The look of the 848 is just amazing, but then you read about all the extra costs involved with owning one of these machines. It's like most Italian machines, most people can OWN one but they cant AFFORD one.
    If you have the extra funds to burn why not treat yourself to something that most others cant have, but if your like myself and COULD buy one but the thought of hefty repair bills and expensive dealer services turns you off of them look at the 600RR.
    In the end it's YOUR bike and your taste that should make the final decision, make sure you think it looks great and feels right and you will be happy.
    Good luck and post pics of your decision.

i agree with some of the other posters. First i would sit on all of them to see which you find most comfortable. Then I would personally go on which YOU feel most connected to.

if you can try and get your leg over as many of those bikes as you can at demo days. the season is almost done tho, so you have to be careful. Demo days are also probably few and far between tho.

The tried tested and true method for me has always been get what 1) u can afford 2) you love.

1 and 2 typically interchange
    - I ride cuz i love it.

Infamous Boston Pizza Story
    "Gsxr 600 Boston pizza guy"
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=32439

You can always go to a powerhouse dealership and book a demo ride for the 600RR. Parkway Powerhouse Honda would probably be your best bet.

Have fun

London to TO and inbetween, depends on the day

Quote Originally Posted by KTM250SX View Post
    I bought it originally for both street & track but have now converted it for track use only. I bought another bike (Hypoermotard) for the street; it brings me much more fun in my daily commute.
    Good point also made by Ankale about ride height. I am short and only touch with my toes. There is no ride height adjuster on the 848; you can buy one for 100$; but lowering the rear will "screw up" your all bike geometry...

Ya, 848... not a good commuter bike. Would definitley not recommend it for that use.

Quote Originally Posted by KTM250SX View Post
    I bought it originally for both street & track but have now converted it for track use only. I bought another bike (Hypoermotard) for the street; it brings me much more fun in my daily commute.
    Good point also made by Ankale about ride height. I am short and only touch with my toes. There is no ride height adjuster on the 848; you can buy one for 100$; but lowering the rear will "screw up" your all bike geometry...
    darlings... I'm fine with height sometimes I actually wish I was a little shorter I'm what 5'10 - 5'11 (what's 178-180cm?).
    Thanks for all the new posts ))

Ankale plz check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by Vikulkin View Post
    Hi guys
    I was wondering if any of you have those and if you mind meeting up, so I could sit on it, hear it and maybe take a quick cruise even in the parking lot in front of your eyes. I'm not trying to scam anyone, can give whatever you want as an assurance
    I'll tell you what hunny, e-mail me some pics and we can work on some "assurances".
    "RIDE AMONG US"