ice racing - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ice racing

Re: ice racing

hahaha dirtbag... that thing is awsome...... puslinch lake lets you go out but you need insurance and a plate (doesnt matter if it green or blue)
    ill be heading out there soon..... just need to stud my rubbers and wait for some good ice down
    ill let you know what i find out about puslinch and when they are running there

btw.. you might want to consider a front fender of some sort on that.... i have an old cr front fender your welcome too

maybe a dumb question but i see kids playing hockey on those ponds beside construction areas so can i ride my bike on them?

Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    hahaha dirtbag... that thing is awsome...... puslinch lake lets you go out but you need insurance and a plate (doesnt matter if it green or blue)
    ill be heading out there soon..... just need to stud my rubbers and wait for some good ice down
    ill let you know what i find out about puslinch and when they are running there

btw.. you might want to consider a front fender of some sort on that.... i have an old cr front fender your welcome too
    Insurance and plate? I'm out. I need somebody with a private pond maybe. We used to ride out by New Dundee, a buddy's place backed onto a big shallow pond.
    ride - if you want to

That is very strange as I don't think you would be covered by any insurance company for operating a land vehicle on a body of water... (unless it is an ice road)
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    That is very strange as I don't think you would be covered by any insurance company for operating a land vehicle on a body of water... (unless it is an ice road)
    Al perils (sp?)

My bud sent a brand new Eddie Bauer Exploder to check out the bottom of Rosseau a few years back.

On Simcoe...it must have businesses thriving in latewinter / early spring.

Oh and on my big boat.. underwater collision.

Seriously.

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

all the cops want to see is that you have liability, and a valid plate, same as riding the ganny

soo dirtbag.... is his pond up and running yet, id bring out a case of beer for admitance lol

all the cops want to see is that you have liability, and a valid plate, same as riding the ganny

soo dirtbag.... is his pond up and running yet, id bring out a case of beer for admitance lol
    I thought the ice is "no mans land" when it comes to this stuff... as was explained to me some time ago.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I thought the ice is "no mans land" when it comes to this stuff... as was explained to me some time ago.

i dont know.... thats just what ive been told by a few people
    But i dont want to be the guy who gets a no insurance charge..... just had one in my truck a little while ago, dont need another one on the bike

how would you come to that conclusion ? We need insurance on our snowmobiles too.
    2009 Ninja 250r SE
    2001 Kx 125

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

110% not true.
    $5000 no insurance fir starters

ANd MNR boyz enforce it as well as the cops.
    Regularily on Puslinch too.

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

Buddy moved. Need a new pond.

WANTED: Local loco with Pond. You supply ice and I'll bring gas!!
    ride - if you want to

Just bought a whole bunch of studs....time to set aside a few hours and get r done.
    2009 Ninja 250r SE
    2001 Kx 125

hey rocketman, how many studs did you buy? i counted out my spare rubbers and im going to need about 900 ish
    i did get a price on them but it varies with length so i was going to measure my tire before i talked to you and zacm7

i put 500 in the read and about 300 in the front

Quote Originally Posted by tower_man View Post
    i put 500 in the read and about 300 in the front
    i think my exact counts were 470 in the rear and 374 up front, and i could still have room for a few more if needed

hey rocketman, how many studs did you buy? i counted out my spare rubbers and im going to need about 900 ish
    i did get a price on them but it varies with length so i was going to measure my tire before i talked to you and zacm7

I purchased 750....I just finished the rear tire and am working on the front....I haven't been counting but I think ill have left overs...I'm not going crazy with them because I don't want the tires to just skate.

My bikes nasty after taking it home Thursday

2009 Ninja 250r SE
    2001 Kx 125

looks good man...... now it looks like im going to have to get off my lasy ***** and start screwing lol.... what length did you get?

looks good man...... now it looks like im going to have to get off my lasy ***** and start screwing lol.... what length did you get?
    I went with 1/2 inch....I don't think id go any longer without a tire liner...especially with your DOT tires, I'm filling my tires with this stuff just for some extra protection

2009 Ninja 250r SE
    2001 Kx 125

those dots i got are coming off for the winter.... to soft to stud... i have some spares that are alot harder, i think in going to run some inchers in the back and some 5/8`s up front
    liners arnt that hard to come by..... i have a stock of old tires out back that i can cut up

btw... im guessing no more issues on the way home

those dots i got are coming off for the winter.... to soft to stud... i have some spares that are alot harder, i think in going to run some inchers in the back and some 5/8`s up front
    liners arnt that hard to come by..... i have a stock of old tires out back that i can cut up

btw... im guessing no more issues on the way home
    Oh ok...that should work well then, Haha no more issues...thanks again for the help lol
    Last edited by Rocketman250r; 01-02-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    2009 Ninja 250r SE
    2001 Kx 125