Why would you ride in this weather? v. crazy

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would you ride in this weather? v. crazy

Why would you ride in this weather? v. crazy

Saw some dude on a fireblade with a quebec plate riding on the 407 with all the downpour + wind. I understand you have to go places, but is your life really worth that little. I don't care how good/experienced of a rider you are, my car was hydroplaning when I go over a 100km/h and with the wind, I had a few *oh ****** moments.

Hopefully he gets where he is going fine.

Re: Why would you ride in this weather? v. crazy

some people just love riding that much.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-17over View Post
    some people just love riding that much.
    Or dont own any other means of transportation!

Guess what dude, it's not even November yet.

Maybe you should buy some new tires.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

for a second i thought he was talking about me since i own a fireblade and i jsut came from outside half hour ago. damn its wet out there

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Call in sick, take the subway, whatever...

We can all ride in it, but why take such a stupid and unncecessary risk? More likely than not you'd make it where you are going, but your chances of getting hurt are a lot more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Guess what dude, it's not even November yet.

Maybe you should buy some new tires.
    Have you even driven on the 407 to talk? Maybe you should know your facts before you speak, the 407's surface is concrete, not asphalt like other highways, making it much more slippery (especially in the wet).

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR_Mike View Post

We can all ride in it, but why take such a stupid and unncecessary risk? More likely than not you'd make it where you are going, but your chances of getting hurt are a lot more likely.
    The person I know that has to ride to work today lives in Hamilton, there is no subway, and she cant call in sick this whole week as its supposed to rain for the next few days...Shes also a first year rider, and looking back to my first year I rode everyday rain or shine and loved it...LOL If you crash in the rain its not the rain, its your riding style in the rain...It needs to be adjusted for the weather condition or yes you will crash

Buddy, maybe the guy is just a better rider then you, and was under full control of the bike and not scared to ride it.

the skies will be clear in about half an hour. starting from the west end.

winds ? that im not sure.

Saw some dude on a fireblade with a quebec plate riding on the 407 with all the downpour + wind. I understand you have to go places, but is your life really worth that little. I don't care how good/experienced of a rider you are, my car was hydroplaning when I go over a 100km/h and with the wind, I had a few *oh ****** moments.

Hopefully he gets where he is going fine.
    Maybe you need to slow down and stop driving like a crazy hydroplaning madman in a cage. I don't care how good/experienced a driver you are, is your life really worth that little that you can't drop to 80?

I wave at kids as I pass them in a hope that there's a gray-pants-wearing, beige-volvo-driving accountant somewhere in the future that dies everytime I do.

that's BS - Canada is the LAST place that someone should "only" own a motorcycle.

The person I know that has to ride to work today lives in Hamilton, there is no subway, and she cant call in sick this whole week as its supposed to rain for the next few days...Shes also a first year rider, and looking back to my first year I rode everyday rain or shine and loved it...LOL If you crash in the rain its not the rain, its your riding style in the rain...It needs to be adjusted for the weather condition or yes you will crash
    There is a GO bus from Hamilton to Toronto...

Unless she is the CEO of some multinational company or a doctor about to perform open heart surgery, I am sure she can call in sick, please.
    Last edited by GSXR_Mike; 09-28-2009 at 09:52 AM.

There is a GO bus from Hamilton to Toronto...

Unless she is the CEO of some multi national company or a doctor about to perform open heart surgery, I am sure she can call in sick, please.
    Or she can just ride her bike in the rain, its not made of paper and its designed to be ridden in the wet...I doubt she enjoys it as much as riding in sunny weather, but its obviously not a problem for some people...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Azim View Post
    that's BS - Canada is the LAST place that someone should "only" own a motorcycle.

I only had a bike for two years

I've rode in much worse. Maybe you should too, it'll teach you how to deal with weather.

cars hydroplane was earlier than bikes - it has to do with the surface area of the tires.
    where's the wind?!

Who said I haven't ridden in worse, I've had my license since '04 and I've had 3 bikes since, how about you. Maybe you should stop assuming that people haven't done this or that...it's because through experience that I know riding in such weather is simply stupid. It has nothing to do with being a good rider or adjusting your speed, the fact that you are taking such a stupid risk with so many factors outside of your control makes me believe that you are quite the idiot.

Kind of like the girl who commutes from Hamilton to Toronto and buys a bike instead of a car...moron.

The weather today was not that bad, we've seen much worse in this year alone.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

I'll be riding in to work later today. It's not that bad out there. I got caught in some massive downpours a couple weeks back. The worst is opening your visor for a few quick seconds and then having a truck drive past you and splash dirty road water all up in your face. mmmmm mmmmmm thats fun stuff