To Every New Rider

Thread: To Every New Rider

To Every New Rider

I am making this post as I am a new rider since may '09. Started with the R6/2000

There is a lot of Final Destination death going around.

I have friends who are new to bikes ride like idiots who don't respect their machines like they say they do. I've done it, pushed my bike above my experience. Was it worth it? It was a rush for the moment. Should I of crashed by acting erratic, I would of had no one to blame but myself for the damage I put upon the rest of my life... If I lived. I've spent a bit of time since 11:30 checking Google and looking up motorcycle accident pictures/fatalities to get me straight on What Could Happen if bikes are not respected.

To every new rider, do yourself a favor and check this out.

The beginning, you will lose interest but keep scrolling and carefully study each picture and read the small text that comes with it.

http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm

If you ever had people telling you its your life, this site the clear picture to make you want to think twice.

Respect your machine or it will eat you up.
    Last edited by jam3s.rusnak; 09-25-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Re: To Every New Rider

hahaha...that's some fun stuff...repost...ban...was i really this bad when i started on this sight?...i'll shutup now...

While the pics of road rash and the bikes mangled in the streets can have a great impact on awareness, I often wonder about the use of actual accident photos of those who died. I'm sure somewhere there are family members of those victims wondering how a picture of their mangled family member's corpse got on the internet. I say show some respect for those who died and those left behind and not show pictures of the deceased riders laying in the street.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    While the pics of road rash and the bikes mangled in the streets can have a great impact on awareness, I often wonder about the use of actual accident photos of those who died. I'm sure somewhere there are family members of those victims wondering how a picture of their mangled family member's corpse got on the internet. I say show some respect for those who died and those left behind and not show pictures of the deceased riders laying in the street.

Agreed, but what about the riders who do not know the actual effect of crashes. I have never seen a site like this and pretty sure its already had its impact awareness set in my head.

Sure anybody can read the news stories on the net which state --

''motorcycle rider killed in head-on crash.''... you read the couple sentences that come with it, get an image in your head... then what?

You think about it for a couple minutes and never remember it.

Now that I see these photos and have read everything on that site, it's going to have a new awareness when I'm riding on the roads. Before I accelerate I will remember this website which will hopefully get me from A-B and back to A in one piece with no damage to my baby or myself.
    Last edited by jam3s.rusnak; 09-25-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    agreed.

yet on the other hand, while possibly invading the privacy of others, some of these images really hit home in terms of the vulnerability of man (and woman lol). sometimes people need good shakes like these pictures to realise that.

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

stop looking at **** like that

the more you think about it, the more likely is that it'll happen to you
    i believe they call it the attraction theory?

be careful when riding, but "studying" all of the ways that you can die in is just stupid

if these thoughts persist, sell the bike and get a cage

Quote Originally Posted by jam3s.rusnak View Post
    Agreed, but what about the riders who do not know the actual effect of crashes. I have never seen a site like this and pretty sure its already had its impact awareness set in my head.

''motorcycle rider killed in head-on crash.''... you read the couple sentences that come with it, get an image in your head... then what?

When I ride on the road, I think about not to get into an accident.

Now that I see these photos and have read everything on that site, it's going to have a new awareness when I'm riding on the roads. Before I accelerate I will remember this website which will hopefully get me from A-B and back to A in one piece with no damage to my baby or myself.
    yeah, the imagery is graphic and it should be duely noted so for those who do not wish to view it. But I agree.. when I took the motorcycle course at humber, they showed a "blooper reel" of ppl wiping out. It was enough to set me straight to ride properly, with respect.
    2008 SV650S - Grey on Grey

The one thing that annoys me a bit about the website, is the fact that some of the situations couldn't have been prevented by the rider. One of the quoted articles mentions a man adjusting the radio in his truck, and when he looked up, it had crossed the line into oncoming traffic (I've NEVER done that in my cage...), and the biker in the oncoming lane was killed.

That could've happened very easily to me last night on the way home from work, wth? Nothing I could have done, no more awareness or no less speed (aside from going under the speed limit) could prevent an accident like that, so why post it if there's nothing to be learned?

Bothers me slightly, but I can accept that fate when I decide to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgY View Post
    stop looking at **** like that

the more you think about it, the more likely is that it'll happen to you
    i believe they call it the attraction theory?

be careful when riding, but "studying" all of the ways that you can die in is just stupid

if these thoughts persist, sell the bike and get a cage
    I don't ride in fear. I've riden with my throttle loosely when I determine I know my surroundings and usually do 90-130 on the highways but only when I feel it's good to go. It contradicts my posts but I force myself keep my adrenaline to a min. If you cannot control yourself when riding then like you said,

''sell the bike and get a cage''
    Last edited by jam3s.rusnak; 09-25-2009 at 02:56 PM.

The last one.... wtf....

Banned

Another newbie telling us that bikes are dangerous... awesome.

Thanks for the public service announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Another newbie telling us that bikes are dangerous... awesome.

Thanks for the public service announcement.
    unless your fresh to bikes why make that comment if your one with years of exp.

yeah im a newbie?

i'm not going to kill myself at 20.

if i can get another fresh rider by this post to not become a statistic, this thread has done its job.

guys ive met who have more years over me have the experience to push the limits.

people who are fresh in riding shouldn't be pushing themselves.. to an extent.

as much as i think i know my sh*t, i don't. that website made me realize that along with the post i made.

i'm still going to do my riding style, i'm just going to be way more cautious about it than i was already.
    Last edited by jam3s.rusnak; 09-25-2009 at 04:07 PM.

I've visited this site a few times. Just reminds me of what 'could' happen. Thanks OP for posting that for some of the newer riders who may not have seen it and think they are invincible.

Never seen this video before. Sad story, I would be ****** and on the hunt for the guy that caused it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ggjztswmQ
    05 GSXR1000 Ltd. Edition all Back
    92 GSXR1100 All Black
    86 GSXR1100 All Red Sold
    96 Camaro Z28SS Blk/Blk
    72 Chevelle SS 454 Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDraGon View Post
    I've visited this site a few times. Just reminds me of what 'could' happen. Thanks OP for posting that for some of the newer riders who may not have seen it and think they are invincible.
    i'm still invincible

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by DVS Bullet View Post
    Never seen this video before. Sad story, I would be ****** and on the hunt for the guy that caused it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ggjztswmQ
    Stopped at the warning, yeah that sucks for him!

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kibosh3 View Post
    i'm still invisible
    fixed

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

I'm glad I wear gear, road rash looks very painfull

Quote Originally Posted by jam3s.rusnak View Post

Again, I think that showing pictures of rider's actual road rash, laying in a hospital bed, their mangled bike, even their amputations is a great way to hit home with riders about safety and wearing your gear etc as long as their consent was given to use the pictures. Where I have a problem with this is is showing the deceased. I'm sure that their family members did not give the okay for the pics to be used, someone has gotten a hold of police photos and posted them or else it was the jack off with his cell phone camera sending in the pics. To me it is disrespectful to the deceased and to those left behind if a picture of anyone who has died was used without permission of the family.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.