Cops watching for rolling stops at Reese st, by skydome - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cops watching for rolling stops at Reese st, by skydome

Re: Cops watching for rolling stops at Reese st, by skydome

It's month-end but also quarter-end (Sept 30) for ticket quota purposes. This weekend is going to be a doozer for issuing all sorts of senseless, cash-grab tickets.
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

I got pulled over in Calhoun Falls, SC by a cop for what he viewed was a rolling stop. I only put down 1 foot instead of 2; to him that wasn't a full stop.

After talking with me for a couple of minutes, asking where I was going etc., he let me go with a verbal warning. It is sooooo handy being able to tell an officer I am on my way to X church to guest preach.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by froghammer View Post
    Are they on some sort of a rolling stop blitz? Driving home tonight, I saw two cops with people pulled over on Adelaide at Spadina, another on Spadina and Queen and then yet another on Queen at Spadina. It was really odd to see four cars, lights flashing in a two block radius.
    Haven't seen them in my neighborhood. Haven't even seen the ususal radar trap.
    When some goofball complained about rolling stops last year, the city put up an all-way instead of enforcing the single stop sign. What's great now is that the couple of people who stopped have to do it twice as often, and those who didn't just keep on rollin'.
    '

I'm firmly in favour of replacing ALL stop signs with yield signs. Works beautifully in Europe. And guess what? Traffic actually flows...! (Don't get me started on round-abouts...)
    Ducati MS4RT 2007

Question authority