SMP long track, Oct 3rd ? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMP long track, Oct 3rd ?

Re: SMP long track, Oct 3rd ?

I dunno about the 1000. Yamaha_Gurls kawi hasn't been crashed....this season, yet

The good part of the day:

The bad part of the day:

CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    I dunno about the 1000. Yamaha_Gurls kawi hasn't been crashed....this season, yet
    Leave me the key for the 1000, and I'll give you the kawi key anytime

That's alot of poo your bike dropped...lol.
    *~Maggie~*

Speak for yourself , lol, IM SORE!
    FYI, dont fall on turn one in fourth gear.
    Jeeesh thats a fast get-off for an an old feeble guy like me.....
    It was a very nice day tho, and lotsa fun , until.......
    Ouch! Glad you're ok. The bike doesn't look tooooooo bad.

Just out of curiosity, what tires and pressures were you running? I was up there a week ago and was running my rear really low. 21psi on the warmers, i couldn't get the tire hot enough at the normal 23.5psi.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Ouch! Glad you're ok. The bike doesn't look tooooooo bad.

Just out of curiosity, what tires and pressures were you running? I was up there a week ago and was running my rear really low. 21psi on the warmers, i couldn't get the tire hot enough at the normal 23.5psi.
    It was a nice warm day, I was running fairly fresh Perrelli slicks @ 26 ish psi on the warmers, but the front just slipped away with no warning, stock suspension dont work for me no more tho....
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    519-503-8933

It was a nice warm day, I was running fairly fresh Perrelli slicks @ 26 ish psi on the warmers, but the front just slipped away with no warning, stock suspension dont work for me no more tho....
    Was it at the exit of 1? I saw a unusual number of get offs there at the last regional.

I think you should change your little avatar.

For what it's worth, I was running 28F 27R (Supercorsa's) on my SV650, cold. No warmers. Each session took at least 2 laps, some sessions as much as 4 laps to get them feeling good. I had several rear slides in turn 1, spun it out of 7 once and tucked the front once coming out of 4b. Slippery day, for sure. I'm surprised there weren't more incidents, but then again there were only about 20 of us.

-Dave

-Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

From what I saw, it was a few brief moments after turn in... maybe 1/4 of the way into the turn? Caught it out of the corner of my eye from the pits just as he went past the checkered flag and entered 1. Was not a pretty sight.

Glad you got up and walked away from it TL.

The rest of the day was great. Glad we could beat the weather one last time before the snow. Even got to exercise my sis's F2 for a couple sessions since no-one has bought it yet. Fun bike!

Nice meeting the lot of you.
    Just shut up and ride.

Quote Originally Posted by fugue View Post
    From what I saw, it was a few brief moments after turn in... maybe 1/4 of the way into the turn? Caught it out of the corner of my eye from the pits just as he went past the checkered flag and entered 1. Was not a pretty sight.

Glad you got up and walked away from it TL.

The rest of the day was great. Glad we could beat the weather one last time before the snow. Even got to exercise my sis's F2 for a couple sessions since no-one has bought it yet. Fun bike!

Nice meeting the lot of you.
    No kidding, halfway through 4th gear, Im guessing somewhere around 140-160kmh, man my gloves got hot fast LOL.
    I think I was turning some pretty decent times for a while out there tho, ,,,, until,,
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    519-503-8933

you should paint your 750 satin black. buy extra paint just in case.
    there is no spoon

the weather definitely cleared up and was awesome to finally get in a track day this year! great meeting the new faces and thanks to those for obliging me when i needed some help with getting the bike up on its rear stand

glad to hear you fellows were able to walk away from your unfortunate mishaps.

thanks again fugue, for letting me ride F2! And boy, I'm feeling a nice burn in my quads today!