Any of you have a Spy Alarm????..... very important installation question *****

Thread: Any of you have a Spy Alarm????..... very important installation question *****

Any of you have a Spy Alarm????..... very important installation question *****

my mechanic thinks he knows what to do on this, but after his extensive searching, he only found out that people that have had this alarm installed are--

'experiencing intermittant electrical problems and in some cases, fried their ECU compute.'

my mechanic tried writing the company yesterday but as of yet, no response.

If any of you installed this alarm, how did you do it and how is it so far.

I'm riding the R6, year 2000.

James

Re: Any of you have a Spy Alarm????..... very important installation question *****

Im trying to install the same alarm to my zzr600 but can't figure out what wire does what... and the wiring diagram they supplied might as well be chinese

Re: Any of you have a Spy Alarm????..... very important installation question *****

Quote Originally Posted by gtamot0 View Post
    Im trying to install the same alarm to my zzr600 but can't figure out what wire does what... and the wiring diagram they supplied might as well be chinese
    what my mechanic has discussed with me was that these alarms after a couple of weeks/months or even couple days, are causing problems with the ECU and are frying the electrical system. This is because the alarm has a different instruction method for each type of bike. The installation on the booklet is chinese faulty junk.

my mechanic told me a guy that installed this on his ninja and f-d his electricals.

My mechanic, after making a few phone calls; came across a contact through a friend who has step-by-step installation instructions for 12 types of Japanese bikes.

The guy who has these documents, made copies and sent the documents by courier to my mechanic which will be here by tuesday of next week.

what i can do for you is, tell me what type of bike you have and if it's part of the documents he receives-- i can scan them and post them online for any rider who wants to install the alarm properly.

maybe it will become a sticky
    Last edited by jam3s.rusnak; 09-25-2009 at 09:15 PM.

I've been searching for some sort of wiring diagram or instructions for the past week... if you happen to get instructions i'd appreciate it I have a 2008 kawasaki zzr600 (01-02 zx-6r).

I think i seen the youtube video of that kawi 250 he was doing a review of the alarm and after a while he was having starting issues with the bike.