Scorpion Aeroskirt mini review

Thread: Scorpion Aeroskirt mini review

Scorpion Aeroskirt mini review

I first read about it in a thread talking about the Windjammer, right here. Kept thinking about getting it, never had the time, until yesterday.

Best $10 ever spent. Period. It reduces wind noise by about 70%. All jokes aside - I rode without plugs, to test. If you get wind buffeting on your helmet, this thing changes what you feel completely - it's like there is barely anything.

Moreover, my Scala Q2 now lives a different life - people hear me a lot better.

It fits the EXO-400 and 700, from what I know.

Re: Scorpion Aeroskirt mini review

Quote Originally Posted by DrSavant View Post
    I first read about it in a thread talking about the Windjammer, right here. Kept thinking about getting it, never had the time, until yesterday.

Best $10 ever spent. Period. It reduces wind noise by about 70%. All jokes aside - I rode without plugs, to test. If you get wind buffeting on your helmet, this thing changes what you feel completely - it's like there is barely anything.

Moreover, my Scala Q2 now lives a different life - people hear me a lot better.

It fits the EXO-400 and 700, from what I know.
    Oh i need that, where did u buy it? I meant to order it when i got my helmet, but forgot! Did u buy online or local?
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

I got it local at Kahuna. I know GP Bikes has a few in stock, Envy either has them or can get them.

will it fit other helmets and do you know if it's bigger than the one on HJC helmets?

shouldn't this be in the review section?

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    will it fit other helmets and do you know if it's bigger than the one on HJC helmets?
    Afaic its made specifically to fit the EXO-400/700 and there is a separate one for the 1000. I guess you could try adding it to a different manufacturer, but it's all about the contour of the bottom of the helmet - it's a perfect fit for OEM.

@Link - it's a mini review, hence the general section.

I have an HJC one on my HJC IS-16 helmet and it does cut down noise a heck of a lot. It seems relatively small though so I thought if there was a bigger one it would work better. Might make the helmet a bit foggier though.

I'm gonna need that too...but.....i'll wait till next season.

i think the EXO-1000 comes with the aeroskirt. yes?

Quote Originally Posted by icecube172 View Post
    I'm gonna need that too...but.....i'll wait till next season.

i think the EXO-1000 comes with the aeroskirt. yes?
    Pretty sure it does. I was looking at that and my IS-16 so comparing the two.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

There's something there, but it might be smaller. You need to get in to pump up the cheek pads. I bought a foggy so something that blocked it off completely might not be so good.

Gonna need to get one.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---