New Helmet

Thread: New Helmet

New Helmet

Besides Cycleworld, Royal Distributors and GP Bikes... any other good places to go for bike helmets?

M

Re: New Helmet

Pannon Sports, got my Shark for a good price.
    2008 KLR650, blue 21 aka Thumper.
    2010 Can-Am RT aka Bomur.

Online! ---ebay, baysideperformance etc.etc.

If you know the helmet you want and the size you can find great deals online...

Or you can go to the stores and look at the prices there

Somewhat unrelated question... Which helmet is the most aerodynamic? I ride a bike with no windshield and I'm tired of nearly having my head taken off every time I check my blind spot on the highway in my $100 Zox helmet.

Will a more expensive helmet make a big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Somewhat unrelated question... Which helmet is the most aerodynamic? I ride a bike with no windshield and I'm tired of nearly having my head taken off every time I check my blind spot on the highway in my $100 Zox helmet.

As much as I hate cheap helmets......another brand or model isnt going to help much with this issue no matter how much you pay.

i found my shark feels smoother at high speeds than my hjc does. could just be a mental thing so who knows.

if youre gonna buy a helmet online go into a store and try it on first to see what fits. i got a pretty big head. my hjc is a 2x, my shark is an xl, my motorcross helmet is a l/xl and i tried on a helmet at royal, cant remember the brand but the 2x was tight.

While I like to support my local dealer and the Canadian economy, when I was buying my helmet in the spring I wound up buying it from Sportbike Track Gear in Michigan http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bok The price for my Arai was half what the local dealer wanted. It allowed me to buy a top end helmet for a price within my budget. This summer I bought a Scorpion helmet for my wife from them, again at less than half the price of my local dealer.

Check them out, I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post

You have to get used to it. First few rides in the spring I have to get used to using the neck muscles again.

Went to the Harley Store actually and found some great shorties...

I am wondering about where to go to get a deal on a new helmet too. I just bought a new Shoei from Riders Plus in Mississauga... but I went down and I think I turned it into a planter. I mailed the helmet to be inspected by Shoei.. but I expect they will tell me to get another..

I can get the same helmet (TZ-R) for $400 again.. but is it worth it to wait for the bike show in January? I can use my old HJC until then.....

$400 now or better deal later?

I'm in the same boat...I need to buy a helmet tomorrow most likely Shark helmet. Does anybody know if Royal has better pricing with their on going no tax sale than Pannon?
    2001 CBR600F4i

Quote Originally Posted by markdh View Post
    Went to the Harley Store actually and found some great shorties...
    Isn't "great shorties" an Oxy Moron?

Nice shorties then...

I ended up getting a Shoei TZ-R at Royal.
    2001 CBR600F4i