2010 CBF600 coming to Canada - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 CBF600 coming to Canada

Re: 2010 CBF600 coming to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    All asian rooking same?
    lol .

They need the look of the 125 with a street-tuned engine and that would make a better upgrade.

Yeah I'm biased, I'd rather have my sv!

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Are you serious???
    $10000 is in the right ballpark when compared with the FZ6 ($9800) and SV650S ($9300). It does start to look more expensive when compared to the ER-6n ($8000), although it and the FZ6 do not have ABS.
    WeeStrom!

It would look better with a fairing. I think this bike is aimed at a more "mature" rider. It's not meant to compete with sportbikes, but is a good choice as an all-round bike, much like the FZK, ninja 650r, suzuki bandit/gsx650 etc.

the blonde girl that was at the Honda CBR125 event talking about the bike (sorry if you're on GTAM don't know your name) stated that this bike is marketed as an Adventure Tourer (Triumph Tiger?) I'm sure there will be lower fairings that will come out later on just like the SVs / FZs

bland looking bike, it's just so practical looking...so standard, practical, safety looking bike...zzzzzzzzzzzz

I rented the naked version of this bike while I was in Germany. I was really impressed with the low end and midrange power. I've been riding an R1 for the past five years and really thought it was going to be lacking in power down there. It handles nice too. The bike wouldn't go over 220km/h though, in fifth or sixth. I tried many times on the autobahn. It's not worth 10 grand tho IMHO. I'd rather buy a good used CBR600 for 8000.

Quote Originally Posted by rydr4lyfe View Post
    Did anyone else think it looks a LOT like an SV650s?
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    I think it looks more like an FZ6.
    I like it. If the price isn't too far above it's competition, I think it will sell well. As an "affordable" Honda, It will probably hold it's value very well.
    SeaMe
    I agree w SeaMe ... I think it looks more like an FZ6.
    The riding position is also more upright like the FZ6 when compared to the mighty SV650S.
    This new Honda is an OK bike, but I wouldn't buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    I saw it at the CBR125 gathering on the weekend. It was looking like a nice bike until they said it was going to cost $10,000.
    now, i know for sure i'm not buying one!

Right now you can get leftover CBF1000 for just under $11K why would you spend $10k for a 600?

That looks yawntastic.

Saw it at the Honda CBR125R event. Looks pretty sweet. One of the Honda guys showed it to me with the lower fairing and it looks a lot better!

Was comfortable. Not too fond of the front look, but seems like it'll be an easy sell for Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Hey all. Took a look and didn't see anything about this posted yet. Honda will be bringing the CBF600 to Canada for 2010. Its about time I say! They brought over the 1000 first, but to me, the 600 should be a good seller. It is one of the most popular bikes in Europe. Should be a great all-rounder. Good in the twisties, comfortable, lots of real world power, affordable, insurance friendly and great looking fit and finish. Integrated turn signals are a nice touch. http://www.honda.ca/MCPE/Motorcycle/...odel=CBF600A10

I must say that I am a little bummed that Honda USA is getting the NT700V and we are not though. That would have been a sweet ride, especially for 1 up touring. All the nice creature comforts of a large ST bike withouth the large ST price! http://powersports.honda.com/2010/nt700v.aspx

This looks to me like a response from Honda to BMWs successful "conquest" campaign.

1) The 600 is necessary for honda, for two reasons, first the 125 riders need something move up to. My old neighbour only owned his for a few months and he is already tired of it. Secondly, BMW is bringing a naked 800R model that competes directly with this product with a starting price of $9900cdn. Honda is going to have a tough time selling 600s, I reckon.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/354/15...irst-Look.aspx

2) Then there is the US only NT700V, clearly Hondas answer to BMWs hugely successful F800ST. This model has been in the states since 2007 and selling extremely well. Can you blame honda for not wanting a piece of the pie?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...BMW-F800ST.htm

When (if) they bring over the CB1000 I'll start to pay attention up until then I don't really care about the euro honda models.

This does nothing for me. The majority of 125 owners are highschool + university students. These kinds of riders really don't have options over 250cc due to insurance. By releasing a 600cc bike...you still kill them. Why can't they make a 400cc bike? Seriously, I know 600cc SS owners who'd love a 400cc SS.

I definitely see the fz6/sv650s comparisons.. Doesn't do anything for me.

I have always found Honda styling to be a little boring, but its nice to see the different bike makers bringing us all around options to the bike market. For my next bike I don't want a cruiser and I don't want an SS bike. I also don't need the power of a 1300cc st bike. If I rode 2 up I'd want a 1300cc st bike, but seeing as my Wife has her own ride, I just don't need a bike like that. IMO, there is a real lack of offerings in this department on this side of the pond. Over here, it seems everyone wants to look like they're riding a kitchen chair on their cruiser style bike, or they want to look like they're f**king their gas tank on their SS style bike. Me, I want a bike that does everything well, has good fit and finish, can be farkled for touring, and is budget friendly.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Me, I want a bike that does everything well, has good fit and finish, can be farkled for touring, and is budget friendly.
    That's a perfect description for my 599 and the exact reason I chose it. Oh, well it wasn't really budget friendly, except if you consider lower insurance than a SS...
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

I have always found Honda styling to be a little boring, but its nice to see the different bike makers bringing us all around options to the bike market.
    Amen, finally we are getting some nice options here. Believe it or not, not everyone wants a supersport. This is a good in-between choice, if you don't want an ss or a cruiser.

reminds me of the fz6 with out the undertail exhaust, and the one piece seat.
    I like the up right riding position, and the flush lights look nice, but I am not a big fan of anything else on this vehicle; that is surprising seeing that I love the cb 599 hornet. This bike just doesn't do anything for me.

Too much like the FZ6. I love my FZ but it took a fair amount of work to get it looking sexy, and with that can sticking to the side, it will never look as good as the FZ6.
    Yamaha stopped production of the FZ6 for us here in 2010. In europe, it's one of the most popular bikes, but over here, not so much. Sounds like the FZ6 has a bit more power if the cbf couldn't break 220.
    After owning a 600SS derived sport touring bike, I really enjoy them, so I would hope to see this bike be a success.
    Oh, and you don't always need more plastic guys, I love seeing my polished headers and the mechanics of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    Sounds like the FZ6 has a bit more power if the cbf couldn't break 220.
    The power of the CBF is way down (76 advertised, probably 65-70 at the rear wheel) from the old Hornet, and the FZ6. I suppose the new bikes power is less "peaky" (more usable in real world conditions).

SeaMe