Target Fixation -- It Works!!!

Thread: Target Fixation -- It Works!!!

Unhappy Target Fixation -- It Works!!!

On my way to the Royal Distributing No Tax Sale, I was having a nice enjoyable ride up from Toronto with some buddies. Everything was all good after riding for a couple of hours, and I'm 5 minutes away from no tax nirvana.

I stop at the light where Hwy 6 ends @ Woodlawn Rd. I look down and then I look up and the light is green. I hurry to start to make my left turn because I hate it when I have to wait for the guy in front of me not noticing a green, so I try to reciprocate. Somehow the curb catches my eye and more specifically, the crack between the curb and the road as I turn onto Woodlawn. <br/><br/>
    Next thing I know, my front wheel is in the crack and my rear tire is in the air from slamming on the front brake. I tried to put my right foot down and save it, but this 400lb yellow gorilla is trying to lay down on its side and I jump out of the way and land on my side.

Cut shin, smashed right mirror, smashed right fairing near the turn signal, smashed right turn signal, one very bruised ego.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: Target Fixation works like a sumb*tch.

Thanks to the rider that helped me pick up my bike out of the intersection (didn't catch what you were riding), my buddies were way ahead of me by the time they noticed I went down.

Re: Target Fixation -- It Works!!!

pics plz . Glad you're relatively ok tho.

Glad you're okay.

The "worst" turns I've ever taken, are the ones that I have to go up through the green light, wait for the right of way traffic to finish going straight and then turn left.

It's because I'm not looking 100% through my turn to make sure nobody changes their mind from taking a left turn to dart out ahead and go straight, or ignores a stop before turning right. And it's just not smooth like taking a more rounded 90 degree turn.

on the upside did you get some new mirrors/signals from the sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephany View Post
    And it's just not smooth like taking a more rounded 90 degree turn.

whats not fun about givin'er gas and sliding the rear through the intersection.

Happy to hear your ok
    it still sucks when your bike needs to be fixed - been there done that.

It can get you into trouble and you can use it to get out of trouble.... there's been times i've looked 90 degrees to my right or left to make the turn that wasn't happening...
    x

Yup been there. I saw the patch of ice and said as I stared at it "I will have to avoid it" Went right to it and the front end washed out.